• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zilla

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    DFW
    I have a knee going south quickly, and the other is trying to keep up. This is pertinent to my daily activities much less cycling.
    ARJ Defense ad

• Sad
    Reactions: gll

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Wife is tentatively scheduled for TKR in December. 2 more months of suffering. I hope it works, nothing else has. Two weeks ago she underwent Radio Frequency Ablation. That's when they stick hot needles in the knee area to kill the nerves causing the pain. So far, just like the silicone injections, no relief from the pain at all. All these procedures are starting to feel like a big scam to milk cash out of Medicare.

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    I had the old cartilage removal surgery that pre dated TKR in '73. About 10 years ago the bone in the knee finally collapsed, so I got a TKR. I am pleased wit the metal monster, it WORKS!

Rup

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    North Texas
    I have a knee going south quickly, and the other is trying to keep up. This is pertinent to my daily activities much less cycling.
    I’ve had my 11th knee surgery in April last year. I’ve had bad experiences on both. My left knee (most resent) is the best. My right is now just as bad as it was before (4 yrs old). So I guess my advice is try anything you can to live with it until you just can’t anymore and then roll the dice! Good luck brother! You can read a lot on the forum bonesmart.org including both of my long sorted experiences. Ps don’t use goodhart!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    You guys going thru this, can you attribute your knee issues to something like past sports injury…profession (e.g laid carpet for 20 years)…just crappy genetics…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Recreational motocross and mountain biking, maybe... It mostly seems to be familial. My mother had both knees replaced, my father one, but was scheduled for the other until his health took a downturn in another direction, oldest brother had one replaced, older brother has had knee issues, but no TKR. I had both replaced this time last year.

Rup

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    North Texas
    I did everything 110% as a kid.. I personally think it’s all generational but still warn young folks to take care of their bodies because you really need them when you get older!

Top Bottom