• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I might be wrong on the time frame, but a cop with a holstered weapon is vulnerable to a knife attack, within a short distance of an attacker I wanna say 15 to 20 feet. Not to say the attacker won't get shot, but the police officer is at risk as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah, your time frame is way off. With the pistol holstered or even with it drawn if someone is intent on stabbing you it's a bad place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Bigguy49

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2016
    I might be wrong on the time frame, but a cop with a holstered weapon is vulnerable to a knife attack, within a short distance of an attacker I wanna say 15 to 20 feet. Not to say the attacker won't get shot, but the police officer is at risk as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I agree my neighbor is a DPS officer and he says the same thing you can't clear leather in that 10 to15 feet before your assailant is on you , their instructor demonstrates that as part of the training , in reality your response time to their attack is longer than you think your brain had to recognize the threat and then tell your body to respond .In that time span your attacker has closed in with you and is now within arms reach , you will still be reaching for your pistol and he will be pushing his blade between your ribs..Just my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I agree my neighbor is a DPS officer and he says the same thing you can't clear leather in that 10 to15 feet before your assailant is on you , their instructor demonstrates that as part of the training , in reality your response time to their attack is longer than you think your brain had to recognize the threat and then tell your body to respond .In that time span your attacker has closed in with you and is now within arms reach , you will still be reaching for your pistol and he will be pushing his blade between your ribs..Just my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You need a minimum of 21 feet between you and someone armed with a knife, and intent on doing you harm. As long as you're moving laterally while you’re shooting. If standing stationary it’s much further.

Dellis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    No such thing as a "knife fight" really but rather a "knife attack". Also, there is no special or "secret" knife skills anyone can or will teach you. If anyone claims that they are liars.

If you have the ability to take kali or escrima then presto, you're a "knife fighter". Better yet, if you're efficient with stick arts then you're better off with that then a blade.

One of the best pieces of instruction is to know where your edge is! A lot of injuries when knives are involved are self induced.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    I want to take some knife fighting classes

Try to find someone in S.A. affiliated with The Dog Brothers.

https://dogbrothers.com

I was a Martial Arts Instructor and MMA Coach for 19 years. I've gone through virtually every realistic knife training, and chop-sockey B.S. knife training that exists. Dog Brothers' system is the best.

Seminars are really useful only for shopping a potential instructor, not for skill acqutition. You won't retain what you see in a seminar without weekly practice over the course of a year. For that, you need a good local school.

Top Bottom