• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I realize this isn’t about guns but earlier this week my father told me he was locking up the front gate of our property and found a hole drilled in the post of the gate with a fixed blade knife stuck handle deep in it. (I’m not certain if he meant the hole was new or it was an existing hole). It was a “Cutco” Ka-bar knife. No rust and in decent shape. Our place is about an hour south of San Antonio. Would anyone know (seriously) if this is a sign or a “marking” someone is sending us? He said he was gonna talk with the sheriff out there asking the same question. Thought I’d give y’all a crack at it
    7fa8e9e883c9f1c31beefc5ec0fa97ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

Attachments

• 7fa8e9e883c9f1c31beefc5ec0fa97ff.jpg
      7fa8e9e883c9f1c31beefc5ec0fa97ff.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 809

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Strange.

What comes to my mind is something totally innocent. A few times I have found something on the ground and put it where the possible owner could find it.

It could have fallen off someone's bumper as they drove by and someone else saw it in front of your drive so they stuck it in the post thinking you were the owner.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Strange.

What comes to my mind is something totally innocent. A few times I have found something on the ground and put it where the possible owner could find it.

It could have fallen off someone's bumper as they drove by and someone else saw it in front of your drive so they stuck it in the post thinking you were the owner.

Sounds logical. I’m gonna call my dad to confirm the details tomorrow. The front gate is on a main road so it’s possible

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    Just theorizing here but; whoever left that knife behind likely did so in a hurry. Why would it have been out of its sheath? A knife of that type would be a high priority item on my pack, one of the last items I would want to leave behind. The etching El Squid on the blade may lead to more info.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Agree with Dawico. Being closer to the road, I'm figurin' it probably fell out of someone's pack and a passer by just thought it might be yours and stuck where it could be found.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Who mows the roadside/ditch? I'm guessing that person found it next to the road, and figured it was lost, as others have said. Then put it there thinking the rightful owner would find it.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Strange.

I agree with this as well.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Who mows the roadside/ditch? I'm guessing that person found it next to the road, and figured it was lost, as others have said. Then put it there thinking the rightful owner would find it.

The county scrapes the roads. The cluster of mailboxes is right across the road as well

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Y'all have more faith in humanity than me. Not saying that's a bad thing.
    Trust me, my faith in humanity in general is not real high.

My observation comes from the fact that it is an expensive knife and if the owner left it behind he would know where to find it.

That's why I am leaning toward lost and dropped, like off a bumper. If it was sitting on a tailgate when closed it would fall through the crack and bounce out on the road.

This is also assuming poachers don't have expensive equipment unless it is stolen of course.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You could always put up a sign saying you found an expensive knife and to call and describe it if you want it back.

Might be a local and it has more sentimental value than the price tag.

Might get you your answer too.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    We would’ve had a different thread going if there was blood on the knife lol. Just talked to my dad. Said it was stuck handle deep in a already-drilled hole. He had to really work to get it out. The neighbors out there are a mixed bag. Some are nice and some are sh!theads. I told him to consider putting up a trail camera in the bushes pointed at the gate

Top Bottom