• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    The 2 worst slices. Were when I was shaving. When I first started I decided I’d be slick and wipe the razor off with my thumb. Like the barber.

Yeah. Never again.

Fast forward till last month. Ehhh I can do it. I almost did the ER that time.
    Shut UP! I'm gettin' woozy.
    Hurley's Gold

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    I went to your website and you really have some nice stuff. I did not see a lot of fixed blades on your site?
    I do some fixed blade stuff because i love making them but they dont sell as well as my switchblades an case conversions , thanks for the kind words , not bragging but i can make just about anything someone can dream up I free hand grind all my stuff do all my own heatreating , machine work on mechanics of my autos all of my knives have a +-= .002 thou of an inch in auto openers . I recess my liners for .006 thou clearence on my blades to keep the swoosh marks down , on the blades , with 0 tolerance lock-up , on all lockback knives i make .

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    didnt say you couldnt mirror finish it , said it orange peels when you do , if you got some that didnt its something ive never seen , an i have built thousands of blades in 33 yrs t

I didn't have a orange peel problem when putting a mirror finish on it. But I did not make nearly as many knives as you. It could be that the material that I bought was actually something other than ATS34. I bought it as ATS34 but it could have been mismarked or something.

I just now recognized your name. I may be mistaken but I think I met you at a Market Hall gun show years ago. I was there promoting my website and I talked to all of the custom knife makers.

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    I didn't have a orange peel problem when putting a mirror finish on it. But I did not make nearly as many knives as you. It could be that the material that I bought was actually something other than ATS34. I bought it as ATS34 but it could have been mismarked or something.

I just now recognized your name. I may be mistaken but I think I met you at a Market Hall gun show years ago. I was there promoting my website and I talked to all of the custom knife makers.
    I definantly used to go there i hadnt been in awhile , Jantz used to sell Ats-34 but when i bought the same steel from admiral steel , it orange pee;led every time i used it , i think the stuff from jantz might have been mis marked because i wasnt the only one who said something then they stopped selling ats-34 ,there is not that much difference in the 2 just chromium if you look at the make up of it , t

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I definantly used to go there i hadnt been in awhile , Jantz used to sell Ats-34 but when i bought the same steel from admiral steel , it orange pee;led every time i used it , i think the stuff from jantz might have been mis marked because i wasnt the only one who said something then they stopped selling ats-34 ,there is not that much difference in the 2 just chromium if you look at the make up of it , t

Quick question.. I use ballistol to "oil" my knives.. should I be using something else or am I good?

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    Yes an No , any knives with celluloid handles should never get oil on the handle it causes a chemical reaction an makes the celluloid gass out an ruin that knife as well as any more in proximity to it . just stay away from wd-40 as oil on knives , I formulate a Oil in my shop my partner in NY has been marketing for me for years now ,its a High detergent High wear lube oil called Quick Release made by Latama Knives , but even motor oil is good on the metal parts just not on celluloid an if you see one like the avatar i got rusting ,stay an keep it away from anything you dont want screwed up .t

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I do some fixed blade stuff because i love making them but they dont sell as well as my switchblades an case conversions , thanks for the kind words , not bragging but i can make just about anything someone can dream up I free hand grind all my stuff do all my own heatreating , machine work on mechanics of my autos all of my knives have a +-= .002 thou of an inch in auto openers . I recess my liners for .006 thou clearence on my blades to keep the swoosh marks down , on the blades , with 0 tolerance lock-up , on all lockback knives i make .
    I was a machinist way back there in life and I have a very critical eye, I will say you make quality, museum grade stuff, very impressive the attention to detail, your pieces really stand out!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My everyday use/work knife is a red handled Milwaukee folder purchased at Home Depot for <$20. LMAO
    I carry a Dewalt and have been very happy with it. Drop point and serrated so it has the features I like. The knife itself is durable and holds an edge well. I have used it to pry and as a screwdriver.

I bought it when I lost my more expensive CRKT as a temporary but haven't seen the need to upgrade.

I also carry a Leatherman. The blade is crap but all the other stuff is very handy.

tbark44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    nowhere
    I was a machinist way back there in life and I have a very critical eye, I will say you make quality, museum grade stuff, very impressive the attention to detail, your pieces really stand out!
    Thanks for the kind words , i do my best on each knife to try an make it just like i would want it made for myself , t

Top Bottom