• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Is there a reference book that explains the details about knives and their construction as well as how to sharpen and maintain them? I am also looking for a better sharpening kit that comes with a strop if thats possible. I would like to start out with middle of the road stuff and move up to more expensive later on as I am on a limited budget momentarily.

Appreciate the help.
    Texas SOT

Gilgondorin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    San Antonio
    Would also like to look into some literature on the subject -- internet guides from unknown knife-makers only gets you so far, and it seems like the pros don't say anything for fear (I guess) of creating competition. :/

I don't have the resources so I'll be making do with an Angle Grinder for now, but it'd be nice to have some direction on where to go -- specifically what spacer material is for and how to integrate it (if even needed).

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Go to the bladeforums or similar, not a gun forum.

Plenty of free info on the net.

Not sure what Gil is talking about, half of what I know is taught/ talked about by professional makers. The other half I learned like most, by doing. Just because you haven't heard of a maker doesn't mean he's "unknown", and some of the best I know don't even make knives for the public.

Sharpening kit: 1 medium grit, 1 fine stone. Strop with paper, leather or cardboard

Top Bottom