• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Met a guy a little less than a year ago about classic cars and we became friends. I have been to his home several times and met his family. Super great people no doubt. He has three sons and the oldest is 20 years old. Tall guy but only weighs about 170 pounds. I have watched this young son jokingly wrestle with his father who is 55 and much smaller than his tall son. Not a big deal but the father does nothing but take it.

Problem is that this guy has "jokingly" challenged me twice. He hasn't touched me yet but he is testing me. I am not good at dealing with people that touch me. My policy is hands off and I treat others with greater respect.

So what should I do? Should I say something to his father? Reason is that if he wants to go I will knock him down without playing around. If that happens I am sure that I will not be invited back which obviously creates a dilemma.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Thats a tough question. Some people do that as a form of play others to show dominence. If it is the latter and he is testing you out lack of confidence and working up the courage, he may not give you much choice. What happens after depends on alot of factors. You know his dad better but I would probably talk to him first, he may be able to tone the boy down a little. Best of luck

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Just give him verbal warning of what's to come. If he takes it to that level, do work on his ass and then remind him that you warned him. He's old enough to know better-and old enough to take a little embarrassment.

atticus finch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    "Not a big deal but the father does nothing but take it. "

That is why the kid does it or where he learned he can get away with it. The kid is a budding sociopath in the making, Ssoon as he learns some people won't tolerate that kind've behavior, he'll stop.
    Was it me the next time I was challenged by him, if it's in front of his father I'd simply say this "I don't play those kind's of games and I have no tolerance for them either. Anyone who places a hand on me for that sort've reason without my consent or permission will be treated as a bonafide hostile threat, it will not be a game or anything of the sort. I will act to defend myself and I will not be playing any games, I will be serious."
    If his answer is, and it usually is "hey man, I'm just playing/kidding" or something along those lines, that's when you get a foot from his face, look him square in the eye and simply say "you might be just playing a game, I am not"
    It is the only thing budding sociopaths, or developing bullies such as that kid understands. That being thier aggression, and that is what the kid is engaging in, will be met with greater force. It might mean the end of whatever friendship you have with the father but the situation begs a question, is the friendship worth this kids behavior? At some point the kid is going to take it to the physical level and then you'll have a tougher choice to make, as that choice has legal consequences.

jbr24

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Austin
    Just give him verbal warning of what's to come. If he takes it to that level, do work on his ass and then remind him that you warned him. He's old enough to know better-and old enough to take a little embarrassment.

this is probably your best bet, make sure he knows you're not joking when you warn him.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    He is 20. Why would you talk to his father? If you do not want to play wrestle just tell him you do not want to. Period.

This is really simple.

Also, if you decide to knock him down or whatever, he may just hand you your ass.

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I would tell him its time to grow up and start acting like an adult, I had a experience like this one time and from my personal experience the person wanting to play wrestle was not as ready as I was and ended up with some hard feelings.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    He is 20. Why would you talk to his father? If you do not want to play wrestle just tell him you do not want to. Period.

This is really simple.

Also, if you decide to knock him down or whatever, he may just hand you your ass.

He still lives at their home and they dote on him.

I have watched this guy and he has no chance against me.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Tell him "you mess with the bull, you get the horns" That way you could flip him or put him on the ground and it wouldn't be without warning. Don't punch him though.

The old guy advice above is good. You don't get old being a fool. While I would not get into a punching match with a 20 year old, I have and would put one on the floor to send a message.

Top Bottom