knock off eotech and accessories?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by hkusp1, Jun 1, 2009.

1. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    has anyone tried using a cheap chinese eotech knock off or a flip to side magnifier on a real 5.56 ar-15??

2. Kinda like buying a fake Rolex or driving a Lamborghini Countach built on a stretched 1988 Pontiac Fiero chassis.

3. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    If the Chines Eotech copies are no better than their copies of name brand clothes, shoes, and toys, it is a risk.

4. ebk06

ebk06 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    I'd get an NCstar or $100 tasco tactical scope before i bought a knock off EOTech or better yet keep iron sights and just save for an eotech. Put it this way, if you have the slightest thought that you may one day need to rifle for protection or hunting would you really trust a knock off scope with your life or trust it to humanely put down an animal?

5. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Protection & hunting......no, but to put it (knock off) on my Ruger 22/45 MKIII and take out beer or coke cans....YES.:2cents:

6. Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    This.

I was looking at an Aimpoint/LaRue combo, but after seeing some of the NCstar glass at the past couple shows, I might end up with one of those in the interim.

7. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    hmm all good points i mite just save u for a real eotech. any thoughts on the fake magnifier? i've heard of alot of people using real eotech's and fake magnifiers.
    its funny someone should mention the lambo on the fiero frame cause i have one haha.

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You get what you pay for.

I personally don't think the EOTech is really that cost prohibitive. I'd rather save up for the real deal and know it's going to work and be supported by the company if it fails.

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Any thing that costs more than 15-20 bucks is cost prohibitive that is an individual specific argument. I would not however buy a knock off If I were going to hunt/fight with the gun.:2cents:

10. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Spend the money on ammo instead. I wouldn't put any of that knock off trash on a real gun. Maybe an airsoft gun, maybe. ;) lol