• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    has anyone tried using a cheap chinese eotech knock off or a flip to side magnifier on a real 5.56 ar-15??
    Gun Zone Deals

ebk06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Austin
    I'd get an NCstar or $100 tasco tactical scope before i bought a knock off EOTech or better yet keep iron sights and just save for an eotech. Put it this way, if you have the slightest thought that you may one day need to rifle for protection or hunting would you really trust a knock off scope with your life or trust it to humanely put down an animal?

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Put it this way, if you have the slightest thought that you may one day need to rifle for protection or hunting would you really trust a knock off scope with your life or trust it to humanely put down an animal?

Protection & hunting......no, but to put it (knock off) on my Ruger 22/45 MKIII and take out beer or coke cans....YES.

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I'd get an NCstar or $100 tasco tactical scope before i bought a knock off EOTech or better yet keep iron sights and just save for an eotech.

This.

I was looking at an Aimpoint/LaRue combo, but after seeing some of the NCstar glass at the past couple shows, I might end up with one of those in the interim.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    hmm all good points i mite just save u for a real eotech. any thoughts on the fake magnifier? i've heard of alot of people using real eotech's and fake magnifiers.
    its funny someone should mention the lambo on the fiero frame cause i have one haha.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You get what you pay for.

I personally don't think the EOTech is really that cost prohibitive. I'd rather save up for the real deal and know it's going to work and be supported by the company if it fails.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Any thing that costs more than 15-20 bucks is cost prohibitive that is an individual specific argument. I would not however buy a knock off If I were going to hunt/fight with the gun.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Spend the money on ammo instead. I wouldn't put any of that knock off trash on a real gun. Maybe an airsoft gun, maybe. ;) lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just ordered the LaRue "Po' Boy Special" [URL="http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Optic+and+Mount+Combos%3APo+Boy+Special"][url]http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Categories.bok?category=Optic+and+Mount+Combos%3APo+Boy+Special[/URL][/URL] and will be trying it out with two of my red dots, a real Aimpoint and a chinese "Aimpoint." Will report back in a few weeks.

That appears to leave alot more room to manuver than when using an Aimpoint magifier.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Not sure what you mean there, Cam.

Well, as I have told you about my Aimpoint/magnifier setup, they are very close to each other (front to back) on the rail.
    The "Po-boy" setup seems as if would place the magnifier front further back from the back of the Aimpoint...maybe it just appears that way to me, dunno.

Lost_Thought

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    I tried my brother's airsoft EOTech knockoff on my AR15.

Results:
    Accuracy - poor, cross hairs do not keep a zero, but were able to put all shots into a man sized target at 25 yards

reliability - VERY POOR, the recoil was enough to disconnect the batteries and it was constantly working itself loose.

summation - if you are expecting trouble in an elevator, it may work well for you. Otherwise don't use it.

Top Bottom