• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Col Sanders

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Days after Larry McQuilliams shot-up buildings in Austin, Texas, Police Chief Art Acevedo warned the Austin community to turn into the police friends and neighbors who harbor “extreme” views and who are “gun enthusiasts.”

Acevedo discussed the recent shooting and claimed that what keeps him up at night is the prospect of “homegrown” terrorists like McQuilliams who harbor anger and have access to firearms.
    “And that’s why it’s important for us as Americans to know our neighbors, know our families- tell somebody. If you know somebody that is acting with a lot of hatred towards any particular group- especially if it’s somebody you know is a gun enthusiast or is armed with these type of firearms and they’re showing any kind of propensity for hatred- it doesn’t mean we’re going to take them to jail, but we might want to vet these people.”
    Everybody wants to help stop violence and mass killings, but what Acevedo demonstrates is a shocking and anti-American sentiment: Our civil rights are not to blame for violence and we should not feel compelled to inform on our neighbors like a modern day Stasi.

What Acevedo highlights as suspicious behavior is carefully tailored to target those who enjoy their Second Amendment rights. Many patriots are justifiably angry about the direction our nation is heading; many of these same patriots arm themselves with a variety of weapons (as is their right). These beliefs and actions should not subject them to enhanced scrutiny from the authorities or from friends and family and any such assertion by a law enforcement agent is both insulting and opposed to our rights as Americans.

Police Chief: If You Know Gun Enthusiasts, Turn them In; Police Need to ?Vet? Them
    Hurley's Gold

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Don't forget to stop by the school and get the kids involved in the Youth League. Everybody must be vigilant.

Anybody seen Mrs. Parsons?

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Y'all see where this ladder climbing political wannabe has exaggerated the hell out of that Friday shooting for his own benefit.
    I mean after the first day they basically swept the facts under the rug so they could paint the guy as a American terrorist, conservative hate-spewing Christian whacko that was on a murder spree. truth is it was 2:30 in the morning and he shot the shit out of some buildings. If he'd really been serious he could have just walked in and had at it. Or better yet plan a time of day when there are actual people around. No I think this clown was doing something really stupid but he had no intentions of actually doing anyone in - suicide by cop is my opinion.
    But as usual the libs make good use of any event to further their cause. In this case Acevedo's political career.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Well, well Comrade Acevado! Seems to me, the calls for a state run by the police, by the police, are increasing.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Y'all see where this ladder climbing political wannabe has exaggerated the hell out of that Friday shooting for his own benefit.
    I mean after the first day they basically swept the facts under the rug so they could paint the guy as a American terrorist, conservative hate-spewing Christian whacko that was on a murder spree. truth is it was 2:30 in the morning and he shot the shit out of some buildings. If he'd really been serious he could have just walked in and had at it. Or better yet plan a time of day when there are actual people around. No I think this clown was doing something really stupid but he had no intentions of actually doing anyone in - suicide by cop is my opinion.
    But as usual the libs make good use of any event to further their cause. In this case Acevedo's political career.
    IF this guy had really wanted to hurt anyone, imagine him outside the UT football stadium by the art school or the hill.... Sadly, this guy was not right, but he also didnt want to hurt anyone, and he was expecting the cops to kill him. Fact- he had let me die written on his chest, and his funeral clothes laid out at home...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom