• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Can someone cut and paste for those of us who do not use facebook ?
    Shouldn't have to log in to read it, but here you go...

https://www.facebook.com/ChiefArtAcevedo/posts/683924341721751?fref=nf
    Art AcevedoDecember 5 at 5:46pm · Edited ·
    Although I have received some very hateful messages regarding a short snippet of a fairly long press conference last week, I have received some very thoughtful messages raising concern about the statement regarding "gun enthusiasts" during the said press conference that if taken at face value and without proper context should raise concern. The below has been my response:
    Thank you for your thoughtful message. My comments and intent were to convey the hope that if any of us as Americans learn of a neighbor, colleague or acquaintance who harbors hate and expressed an intent to hurt someone else or self, the individual be reported to law enforcement so we can intervene and hopefully save a life(s). Mental illness is a huge challenge in society as is the lack of resources to get folks help, and in instances where someone has access to weapons and are talking about hurting people, it's important we have an opportunity to stop them.
    If you watch the entire press conference I think it would help put context into what my intent was. In a 30 - 40 minute news conference I used a phrase that has been misconstrued and taken out of context, especially if it is heard without the backdrop of the entire statement.
    I very much support the 2nd Amendment and have absolutely no interest in vetting someone just because they are a gun enthusiast. However, If someone is full of hate and indicates he or she may become violent, I think we owe it to all involved to intervene.
    Again, thank you for reaching out and affording me the opportunity to address your concerns.
    Have a great weekend.
    Regards,
    Art Acevedo

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sounds like an experienced politician.

Too bad he doesn't sound like a cop.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    "...hate and expressed an intent to hurt someone else or self..."

This can be construed in so many ways by liberals. After all, they get "hurt" when someone offends them. If you hate what the government is doing, and you want people out of office (thus out of a "job"), then you are "hurting" them in the liberal mindset.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    If you read his "apology", the essence of what he said before still remains--to be on the lookout for people who "harbor hate". How this can be construed from informal interaction with most people, it's anybody's guess. Also, "harbor hate" in liberal speech means "right wing". I've seen Acevedo pull this crap before, he is a master manipulator.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    Vet this: "Eat shit"

So only gun owners can harbor hate? Remind me how many guns the 9/11 hijackers used to commit the largest mass murder in the history of the United States?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    He's testing the waters like the houston mayor did with the "anti-gay" sermon subpoenas.

I have a list of people to turn into the police. Would you all like to know if you're on it?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Vet this: "Eat shit"

So only gun owners can harbor hate? Remind me how many guns the 9/11 hijackers used to commit the largest mass murder in the history of the United States?

Actually the left's war on life has claimed 40+ million since roe v. wade? That's mass murder. But I'm a man and that's none of my business.

Top Bottom