• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We need to live our faith and our politics. We need raise families with a purpose, to live intentionally and in community. Until we are fully participating, donating and voting...i dont have ears for any apathy or defeatism.
    DK Firearms

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Those of you who understand that this is a call for unity and not divisiveness i really appreciate.
    I'm glad you clarified that because your initial post did come off as divisive. Talk of "finding your allies" usually means you're drawing a line in the sand which is unnecessary. I think we're more or less on the same page, however...

And I will say right here that someone who claims to be pro 2nd amendment yet is for endless war, the surveillance state, and calls for the execution of Edward Snowden is a greater enemy to me than the libtards that want to take the guns. You are either for all of the Bill of Rights or none of it.
    Exactly... Even though I have a lot in common with traditionalists, I don't want their ethics to be enforced with state violence any more than I want the progressive's ethics to be. We need to continuously remind our "allies" to always error on the side of liberty ;)

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Theres an intellectual liberal that writes for WND, ill try and post what he wrote recently about how BHO should be impeached. He, in some matters is an ally but not one with which i can be "equally yoked".

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I hate to say this, but if you are not pro-life, pro traditional family, pro-religion (primarily Judeo-Christian), or otherwise a moral person, you are not my ally. I will tolerate you if you are pro-Bill of Rights/2nd amendment, but I will not trust you either.
    One of the speakers at that Second Amendment Foundation gathering in Houston last summer made a great point, in my opinion.

He said that a belief in individual rights and the Second Amendment was all that was required for someone to be our ally on this issue. The room got kinda quiet as he started listing things that should not disqualify people from working with us and that should not prejudice us against them.

Paraphrasing as closely as I can -

"Look around the room. Look at the hair. By far, the most common hair color in this room is grey. If we don't embrace more people in the cause, in another generation the cause won't exist.

There are people in this room who are gay. There are people who are socially liberal. There are atheists and agnostics. There are people who believe in welfare and food stamps and wealth re-distribution.

But they also believe, in their own way, in individual rights, including the right to keep and bear arms.

We must get past the notion that the only people who can help us in the fight are people who look like us and broadly share our values and viewpoints. If we don't, then when the folks in this room die off, the cause dies with us."

SC-Texas, if you read this, do you remember who the speaker was? He was speaking during Sunday lunch and, iirc, he was some sort of gun industry writer.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...someone who claims to be pro 2nd amendment yet is for endless war, the surveillance state, and calls for the execution of Edward Snowden is a greater enemy to me than the libtards that want to take the guns.
    Right on. I could compose and edit and re-write for an hour and I couldn't say it better than that.

Top Bottom