• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Just installed mine on my Winchester 1300 defender shotgun. Ive owned the gun for 15 years and it shoots great. My issue is I have been told that the way you sight it in is to put the front sight (ball) on the front edge of what im calling the chamber were the shells are put in. It must work because ive shot clays like this without issue. With the new stock on im unable to put that front sight on that edge. The stock is too tall so I have to drop my face to the side of the stock to get that same picture. I hope you can understand what im trying to say. What do I do now just adjust my sight picture? Im really dissapointed as this thing is not cheap and I cant stand when a aftermarket part doesnt fit the same as a factory part does. I feel for what it costs my sighting of the gun shouldnt be hampered. As allways thanks for any help.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    Just installed mine on my Winchester 1300 defender shotgun. Ive owned the gun for 15 years and it shoots great. My issue is I have been told that the way you sight it in is to put the front sight (ball) on the front edge of what im calling the chamber were the shells are put in. It must work because ive shot clays like this without issue. With the new stock on im unable to put that front sight on that edge. The stock is too tall so I have to drop my face to the side of the stock to get that same picture. I hope you can understand what im trying to say. What do I do now just adjust my sight picture? Im really dissapointed as this thing is not cheap and I cant stand when a aftermarket part doesnt fit the same as a factory part does. I feel for what it costs my sighting of the gun shouldnt be hampered. As allways thanks for any help.

I don't know about the Winchester 1300, but on my Remington 870 Marine. I LOVE that stock. NO RECOIL, just a firm push with 3" mags.

There ain't no sight on mine, so I am no help to you.

Sorry

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I know exactly the problem you're having. I bought the Knoxx for my Mossberg Persuader because the length of pull on the factory stock was way too long for me, and having an adjustable stock that also reduced recoil seemed like a good thing. The problem is that there isn't enough drop on the comb to sight on the bead the way you did with original stock. You can still pretty much just point and bang at close range, and if you want to hit things at longer distances with slugs then maybe go with a set of rifle sights, red dot sights, etc.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Really appreciate the info. Just have to shoot it now. Allways prided myself on being a good shot so I dont like not having a sight and yet have to hit a target. I know its a shotgun but if im using slugs and cant hit the X on a target then in my eyes its sucks. Ill practice and see how I do. Thanks again.

Top Bottom