knoxx recoil stock

Discussion in 'Shotguns' started by country_boy, Feb 7, 2009.

1. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Has anybody had any experience with this recoil stock setup? I was thinking about buying one for my Winchester 1300.

2. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I've got the SpecOps on my Mossberg. Still haven't shot it since I put it on, but I'm hoping maybe next week.

It looks cool if you like that retractable stock look. :smoker:

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Just put one on my 870, trying to go shoot it today...

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Oh, don't be a baby! 12 ga does not kick. 10 ga, maybe. BTW, the 1300 is the BEST!

5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have the Knoxx on my 12 Ga. I attended a class shortly after installing it, and we shot nothing but 00 buck and slugs ALL afternoon. It was like shooting mild bird shot. Everyone else was starting to get a sore shoulder.

I am about to get a Remington, and will have a Knoxx collapsible on it.

6. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ok thats good to know. With this stock does it have to be to tight against the shoulder?

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

It doesn't self absorb recoil in the air, it still needs the resistance of something whether it's your shoulder, or leg, arm etc.

If you think about it, if you could suspend a gun in air, a gun with a wooden stock or Knox will still fly back the same distance. There is no recoil unless it's against something. Otherwise it's just energy.

8. country_boy

country_boy TGT Addict

Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    yes I understand that, I remember reading a review about it, and it said dont hold it too close it will slap(punch) your cheek. overall it sounds like a good investment.

9. CZ guy

CZ guy Active Member

May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I have the Spec-op Knoxx on my Winchester Police Stainless, built on the model 1200 platform. Even after 7 shoulder surgeries, I have no problem shooting it. Maybe I should also mention this is a dedicated slug gun, which is a bit harder kicking than normal. I thought I would have to give up a shotty but Knoxx saved me and you'll find it is a quality built product.

10. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If you don't hold it tight against your shoulder, the chances are greater that you'll get slapped in the face.