knoxx recoil stock

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
Has anybody had any experience with this recoil stock setup? I was thinking about buying one for my Winchester 1300.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
I've got the SpecOps on my Mossberg. Still haven't shot it since I put it on, but I'm hoping maybe next week.

It looks cool if you like that retractable stock look.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
I have the Knoxx on my 12 Ga. I attended a class shortly after installing it, and we shot nothing but 00 buck and slugs ALL afternoon. It was like shooting mild bird shot. Everyone else was starting to get a sore shoulder.

I am about to get a Remington, and will have a Knoxx collapsible on it.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
Ok thats good to know. With this stock does it have to be to tight against the shoulder?

It doesn't self absorb recoil in the air, it still needs the resistance of something whether it's your shoulder, or leg, arm etc.

If you think about it, if you could suspend a gun in air, a gun with a wooden stock or Knox will still fly back the same distance. There is no recoil unless it's against something. Otherwise it's just energy.

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
yes I understand that, I remember reading a review about it, and it said dont hold it too close it will slap(punch) your cheek. overall it sounds like a good investment.

CZ guy

May 13, 2008
Left of Galveston Bay
I have the Spec-op Knoxx on my Winchester Police Stainless, built on the model 1200 platform. Even after 7 shoulder surgeries, I have no problem shooting it. Maybe I should also mention this is a dedicated slug gun, which is a bit harder kicking than normal. I thought I would have to give up a shotty but Knoxx saved me and you'll find it is a quality built product.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
yes I understand that, I remember reading a review about it, and it said dont hold it too close it will slap(punch) your cheek.
If you don't hold it tight against your shoulder, the chances are greater that you'll get slapped in the face.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics