• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I've got the SpecOps on my Mossberg. Still haven't shot it since I put it on, but I'm hoping maybe next week.

It looks cool if you like that retractable stock look.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have the Knoxx on my 12 Ga. I attended a class shortly after installing it, and we shot nothing but 00 buck and slugs ALL afternoon. It was like shooting mild bird shot. Everyone else was starting to get a sore shoulder.

I am about to get a Remington, and will have a Knoxx collapsible on it.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Ok thats good to know. With this stock does it have to be to tight against the shoulder?

It doesn't self absorb recoil in the air, it still needs the resistance of something whether it's your shoulder, or leg, arm etc.

If you think about it, if you could suspend a gun in air, a gun with a wooden stock or Knox will still fly back the same distance. There is no recoil unless it's against something. Otherwise it's just energy.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    yes I understand that, I remember reading a review about it, and it said dont hold it too close it will slap(punch) your cheek. overall it sounds like a good investment.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I have the Spec-op Knoxx on my Winchester Police Stainless, built on the model 1200 platform. Even after 7 shoulder surgeries, I have no problem shooting it. Maybe I should also mention this is a dedicated slug gun, which is a bit harder kicking than normal. I thought I would have to give up a shotty but Knoxx saved me and you'll find it is a quality built product.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    ok i found them cheaper on cheaper than dirt, but they dont say if it comes with the ball end wrench. The reviews say it does but, the description doesnt. For the Winchester its a 1/4" ball wrench. Does it have to be a long reach or can it be a regular length?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    All of the Knoxx stocks come with the wrench... as long as it is new and in the original package you will be okay

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've only put a handful of, I believe 3" magnum slugs, in a Remington 870. This was awhile ago but, from what I remember it absorbed the recoil pretty darn effectively.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I've yet to get to the range to try out my Knoxx stock, haven't been to the range at all for a while now due to the insane lines every time I'd been there a couple months ago. Those looking for the Spec Ops stock, give this place a look. I got my stock for my Mossy 88 for $99.99 shipped, pretty darn good price.

Blackhawk Mossberg Specops Adjustable Shotgun Stocks

Just ordered one for myself. Called to verify the order and inquired about the inventory. After my order they have 18 of these left in stock at this price!

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Well, that was a bust! I just got a call from the sales lady that told me they had 18 left in stock after my order. She said that all of them were bought and processed before mine so I am SOL.

Called Knoxx/Blackhawk and ordered one direct. Should arrive some time in April.

Update: I knew targetmaster in garland had some for winch and remy but no mossy. Just for kicks I went over on my lunch break. Low and behold they had one in stock. Over priced, but time and shipping cost money these days. So I shelled out $160 for it, OUCH! But now I got a new toy to play with this weekend!

Top Bottom