• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I will be turning 21 next August and intend on obtaining my CHL. I'm shopping around for a good holster already and this one caught my eye: Kramer Sheepskin Clip Holster.
    I'm a woman, so the sheepskin on the back appeals to my sense of comfort, but it also looks functional. I already have a couple pair of jeans that would easily work for carry (sturdy appropriately sized belt loops, bigger waistband) so I'm not worried about the extra bulk.
    I haven't been able to find anyone who owns this particular holster, though, and I was really looking for a review of it so I know if it's as good as it looks.

*sigh* How I wish open carry was legal in Texas, because I'd just find a good OWB leather holster and leave it at that. :rolleyes:
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I use a com-tac Minatour IWB holster.

I love it. If your going the IWB route, definately try one on. They are expensive, but they hold value if you don't like it and you can buy different slots for different guns for a reasonable $$.

Just my 2 cents.

I wear a glock 19 with an XL shirt (I usually wear a L) untucked. Very comfortable for such a large gun (it is a Glock).

HOLY COW, that holster has got quite a price tag on it. I guess that sheepskin has a price to it.

EDIT: if your looking for a good belt, look up Shorts on this website. She makes good ones. Or look up the Beltman.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I will be turning 21 next August and intend on obtaining my CHL. I'm shopping around for a good holster already and this one caught my eye: Kramer Sheepskin Clip Holster.
    I'm a woman, so the sheepskin on the back appeals to my sense of comfort, but it also looks functional. I already have a couple pair of jeans that would easily work for carry (sturdy appropriately sized belt loops, bigger waistband) so I'm not worried about the extra bulk.
    I haven't been able to find anyone who owns this particular holster, though, and I was really looking for a review of it so I know if it's as good as it looks.

*sigh* How I wish open carry was legal in Texas, because I'd just find a good OWB leather holster and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

The price seems very high for a clip IWB holster. I picked up a Don Hume 36-1 for my Kimber at a gun show for under $25.00. This was a close-out deal but still there are a lot of great holsters on the market for under $75.00. Check out Shorts on this forum........she makes some awesome holsters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I'm looking for a holster for a S&W Model 60 with a 3" barrel...doesn't look like Shorts had any revolver holsters on her site. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place though. :(

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I have a Jframe on the shelf.

In regards to Kramer, they make good holsters. Their price looks like its because it is horsehide.

As far as sheepskin and what I think of it, big negatory good buddy. When I broke my neck I had to wear a big halo contraption that was skeepskin lined. I lived with that thing screwed into my skull for 4mths in the dead of South Texas summer. So anything sheepskin related I just don't like nor will I like because of its association with that crater of a life event.

If you want a cheap clip IWB look at Don Hume.

Oh, as far as an IWB clip holster, I've done its prototype but haven't put it into production yet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I'm not looking for cheap necessarily, but obviously I'm not looking to empty my wallet either. The Kramer holster is definitely on the high end of my pricing limit, but then again if it works for me I'd be willing to pay for it. I'll consider what you said about the sheepskin though.
    I probably won't be looking to actually purchase for a while so I'll keep an eye out for a J frame holster from you, Shorts. Thanks much. :)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry, I said 'cheap' where I should have used "inexpensive" (I'm in a groggy mood today - allergies). Don Hume makes some basic holsters as well as some nicer pieces. DH grabbed one of those basic holsters and it's pretty much a piece of 7oz veg tan with 12stitches up the edge and a clip under a swatch of leather. It wasn't molded, dyed or finished - merely constructed. But I've seen the more finished version with a mouth reinforcement, dyed, edged, finished and good looking clip IWB.

There's a good handful of options out there. If you have any question in general about leather, feel free to ask away. What matters is that you find a carry holster that works for you

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    Oh, no, I don't necessarily associate the word "cheap" with something not well-made, no apologies necessary. The Don Hume looks like a consideration for sure, thanks for the info.
    I'm just having a hard time finding something that really fits my body because I'm a small woman (5'2") and I have some curves. Even harder is finding a holster for a 3" barrel that also fits me well.
    The Kramer caught my eye because I was considering carrying crossdraw and the padding on the back of that holster sounded appealing seeing as the gun would be sitting in a fairly tender area.
    Again, I wish Texas allowed open carry, because I would just get an OWB holster and be done with it. Because it must be concealed, I'm fairly limited in options through most of the year. Winter is easy because I'm normally bundled up under some layers and a coat, so an OWB might be appropriate then.
    I just want something that is comfortable, durable, fits my gun/body, and is (of course) appropriate for concealed carry.
    I'm open to more suggestions - I only suggest NOT suggesting a purse or off-the-body carry option. I'm not comfortable with that sort of carry. I can't tell you how many guys have told me that's the best way for me to carry when I ask them what holsters they have for my Model 60. I cut them down pretty hard over that. :)

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    lol Yeah, I'm with you there about no purse carry/off body carry. What good is it in a bag?

I carry a Colt Commander in my Bodhi IWB & gun belt. I built it specifically for concealment so its not too bulky. I'm 5'3" so I've got not a lot of room to hide things. I can get away with it pretty well with the setup now. And I can compare it to another fine brand. Sure, I might be bias ;)

Not sure if you've looked at a dual loop/clip holster but give them a look. I use to think the type was not in my scope for good concealed carry but its the best method I've used after I tried it for a while and got use to the fit. My only complaint is that I have to wear untucked shirts.

Back when we lived in colder weather it was easy to conceal an OWB under a big jacket. But here it isn't the case.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    My usual attire is a tshirt and jeans, but I've considered starting to wear some good ol' western style (women's) shirts as a layer over another shirt. This serves two purposes: concealment, and cuteness. I'm already wearing boots anyway, I might as well step it up a bit. ;)
    I love Texas, but I wish it wasn't so darn hot in the summer. I would totally wear a coat or jacket all year if it were cooler, because concealing would be that much easier.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom