TRACT Optics

Krokodil has officially made it to Texas.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Just heard on the radio a few days ago krokodil has made it to Texas, now that a woman has checked herself into the ER admitting her gangrene was caused by abusing it. This is VERY bad news for Texas and eventually the country. If you don't know what krokodil is, allow me to introduce you to a few videos on the matter. Beware they are VERY nasty and probably NSFW:

https://www.google.com/search?clien...l=suggest#channel=suggest&q=krokodil+liveleak

It is basically the worst drug in the history of the human species. Using it once causes a smallpox vaccination-like wound (a red donut with a somewhat large perpetually oozing hole/gash in the center). It is unbelievable addictive, maybe even more so than any other drug, so there has probably never been an instance of someone saying "I only tried it once." Further use causes massive body infections/deteriorations eventually turning into gangrene-like infections of body parts which literally rot off while you are alive.

As if we didn't have enough problems, now we're going to have to deal with drug-related crimes being perpetrated by NEEDLE-USING JUNKIES WITH MASSIVE OPEN WOUNDS LEAKING LARGE AMOUNTS OF INFECTIOUS GOO.

The future is officially going to be a lot worse than you thought it was.

Last edited:

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    we were given a paper at work to look for this stuff but it was very vague and didnt tell much for the side effects. i think that it going to hit the US hard and it will make METH look like poprocks candy.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    WTF would anybody try that?
    Edited for length from Wikipedia:

The drug is easily made from codeine which can be derived from cough syrup, iodine from OTC medications and red phosphorus from match strikers, in a process similar to the manufacture of methamphetamine from pseudoephedrine. Like methamphetamine, desomorphine made this way is often highly impure and is contaminated with various toxic and corrosive byproducts. ... The street name in Russia for homemade desomorphine is krokodil .... The name derives from the notoriously severe tissue damage incurred by chronic users and the precursor α-chlorocodide. Due to difficulties in procuring heroin, combined with easy and cheap access to over-the-counter pharmacy products containing codeine in Russia, use of krokodil has increased.

Basically, it's a cheap and easy substitute for heroin. I guess a heroin addict who can't get their fix might be willing to try anything remotely similar.

This is doubly sad since heroin addiction is something that can actually be managed. It's possible to live a productive life, making a living and contributing to society, while taking heroin. There have been some great successes in, for example, Great Britain where actual heroin is prescribed in some cases instead of methadone.

Here we have yet another stupid, unintended and severely negative consequence of the war on drugs. 100 years ago, when heroin was legal, only someone already insane would use something like krokodil.

Nowadays, though, we're so much more enlightened. </sarcasm>

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Just heard on the radio a few days ago krokodil has made it to Texas, now that a woman has checked herself into the ER admitting her gangrene was caused by abusing it. This is VERY bad news for Texas and eventually the country. If you don't know what krokodil is, allow me to introduce you to a few videos on the matter. Beware they are VERY nasty and probably NSFW:

https://www.google.com/search?clien...l=suggest#channel=suggest&q=krokodil+liveleak

It is basically the worst drug in the history of the human species. Using it once causes a smallpox vaccination-like wound (a red donut with a somewhat large perpetually oozing hole/gash in the center). It is unbelievable addictive, maybe even more so than any other drug, so there has probably never been an instance of someone saying "I only tried it once." Further use causes massive body infections/deteriorations eventually turning into gangrene-like infections of body parts which literally rot off while you are alive.

As if we didn't have enough problems, now we're going to have to deal with drug-related crimes being perpetrated by NEEDLE-USING JUNKIES WITH MASSIVE OPEN WOUNDS LEAKING LARGE AMOUNTS OF INFECTIOUS GOO.

The future is officially going to be a lot worse than you thought it was.

All it is is a garage-rigged injectable opioid.

There's nothing magically bad about it, the "TURBO UBER ADDICTIVE!" part is probably a reflection of the people who use it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    LOL, the same rhetoric they used with crack when that came out. "ZOMG, it's so addictive that NOBODY CAN EVER STAY OFF IT!!!" Which turned out to be false.

I still say this new stuff is a hoax. I don't see what brewing codeine with gasoline would accomplish that simply taking the base drug couldn't do at least as well without the horrific side effects.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I've seen some messed up stuff in my time, but the pics in this article took the cake. Whatever you do, do not look if you have a weak stomach or can't take graphic images. I'm pretty sure there are rotting corpses less disturbing looking than what this crap is doing. Russia's Flesh-Eating Drug Krokodil Has Arrived In The U.S. And Here's Why That Should Scare You

As horrible as this sounds, if we wait long enough, the people dumb enough to do this stuff will kill themselves off right?

Top Bottom