Join TexasGunTalk

LA sheriff's deputy 'completely fabricated' sniper story, has been fired, authorities say

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Bobk, Aug 25, 2019.

1. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

No

2. WAYnorthTX

WAYnorthTX Active Member

Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Near where I live, an unarmed woman sitting in a car in the parking lot of a nursing home was shot in the head and killed. A sheriff's deputy said that he accidentally fell down, his gun went off, and he shot her. When asked why he was there, he said that he followed her there and that he suspected her of selling prescriptions she stole from patients there. No evidence of his suspicions ever turned up. The deputy was fired. No charges were filed against him, and he is probably an LEO somewhere else now.
    Probably nothing.

3. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    Integrity is probably the most important aspect of becoming an LEO. Once you prove that you don't have it, your done. I don't know why anyone would throw away what could have been a very good career like that (especially considering that it can be relatively difficult to get into that career), but at least he did it now instead of 10 years down the line. If he's willing to make up lies like that just out of nowhere, he cannot be trusted to enforce the law fairly and with integrity.

Sublime, Pops1955 and Bithabus like this.
  4. Riksors

Riksors New Member

Jun 13, 2019
    Round Rock
    Glad I left that state.

Maverick44 and Pops1955 like this.
  5. Maverick44

Maverick44 Certified All-American Gun Nut

May 5, 2016
    NE Texas
    Could you please quit writing everything in bold? It is annoying, does nothing to help whatever argument you are trying to make, and is just plain distracting. It makes me not want to even read what you're writing.

6. candcallen

candcallen Active Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Have you taken one? They arent exactly difficult, the 10 thousand questions or the interview. Hell I passed 7 or 8 to get offers from agencies.

Folks have multiple opinions on my sanity and its fluidity. The polygraph and physch eval are snapshots in time. They mean little a few years later.

Seriously, regarding future employment, officers fired for honesty, in most states, arent as much black balled as they are barred from testifying in court and that makes them useless as police. Many state certification authorities terminate their certs and that's it in that state.

As you all know systems are never perfect and in today's litigious world recording/passing on negative info about employees to new employers gets tricky.

7. diesel1959

diesel1959 por vida Lifetime Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I feel so much better knowing he's been fired and, likely charged with a crime(s).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  8. TAZ

TAZ Well-Known

Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I certainly hope the last part of your statement is absolutely incorrect.

One officer acting like an asshat is an outlier. An entire team knowingly searching and seizing private property without PC/RS is far more outrageous to me. Hopefully they responded to a call, did what they thought right and then concluded the guy was full of shit.

pronstar and Sublime like this.
  9. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    If you have vision problems try holding down the CTRL key and scrolling your mouse wheel.