• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I'm not from La Grange but I'm familiar with the area southeast of it. I know generally where the Chicken Ranch was but not exactly. What else you want to know?

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    rolling coastal plains. Black gumbo soil with pines and oaks. Land prices.. Like any in Texas over priced and scarce. Depending you can pay from 5K an acre if you are buying a lot of land to lots in and near LG from 10 to 30ish.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I'm not from La Grange but I'm familiar with the area southeast of it. I know generally where the Chicken Ranch was but not exactly. What else you want to know?

I heard they got a lot of nice girls.

And, it was a helluva lot closer than Austin, from A&M, in the early sixties, when there were no women, and $6 wasn't all that much, really, but the road was tricky to find, in the dark, if you got to the railroad overpass on the highway to Houston you had gone to far, turn back and take the first right, then four wooden steps up.

Bless Sheriff Flournoy and damn to hell Marvin Zindler...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Found a tract of land within 5 miles of the lake. Not our first choice but looks to be a good deal. How much pollution does the power plant give off and how far?

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    Plus the power plant is cooled by Fayette County lake and thats some damn good fishing.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    If there's a watercourse through your place downstream from the plant, you might watch it a while before making up your mind; locals complain from time to time about some kind of crud being released, possibly combustion residue. The plant has a huge PA system as well, you can tell from a long way away that "John, your wife wants you to call!" But in terms of up the stacks, it really is remarkably clean.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I worked at (one of the managers of) the BioDiesel plant between the power plant and La Grange. It's a really nice area, but expensive and there's oil and gas wells - and their related equipment and infrastructure - EVERYWHERE!

Eli

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, that's what we're looking through. We're finding some interesting deals here and there, but infrastructure will be the bigger question. We're going to make a "Top 10" list and spend a weekend touring a few regions to narrow down a search.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Yeah, that's what we're looking through. We're finding some interesting deals here and there, but infrastructure will be the bigger question. We're going to make a "Top 10" list and spend a weekend touring a few regions to narrow down a search.

Drive around and look for 'Far Sale' signs, land is usually MUCH less expensive that way than with a broker - and, as a Realtor, I hate to say that!
    If you PM me your email address, I can send you the listings in the area - as a favor, I'm not interested in working out there!

Eli

Top Bottom