• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I know someone who has them for sale and am wondering what a used set of large sapi plates would run on the civilian market today. Also if someone has a suggestion for a plate carrier I would appreciate it thanks.
    Military Camp

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Dont know, but had a Marine from my old unit arrested by NCIS for ebaying them a few years ago. Probably $600 plus for the set easy....

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    How would I tell if they are military or civilian plates I was told that you could get the sapi plates surplus do to the esapi plates

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    The U.S. Military version should have "U.S." stamped or engraved on the inside of the curve. If its those, than those are or were probably for the Interceptor Vest that the Army issues. The going price for those when I got back from Iraq in 2004 was $300 low to $450 high a plate. A lot of soldiers were getting busted for selling their issued ones on eBay, so be on the look out if the location says Killeen, TX. I have seen a lot of USGI gear on ebay with the locations saying Killeen. So many contractors are buying from the same company who sells to the Army so you really can't tell if its truly U.S. property. Also, SAPI plates should be Ceramic. Watch out for those selling steel plates coated with the soft rubber.

neverenough

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Austin
    A-Five-O, the prices have come down considerably. So many companies are making these now so usually you can get them for $200-400 for a whole set! :-) I just put up some of my plates for trade/sale....

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    found a pair of sapi plates with the cushioning on them for schrapnel bought them of off a arfcom member thanks for the info guys

Top Bottom