Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I just got this email:

Are you one of the many folks patiently waiting on your LaRue Rifle ?

If so, first and foremost, I implore you to please accept our apologies ... every hour, it seemed as if we were an hour from completion ... hours turned to days, days to weeks, weeks to months, etc.

Truth is, making a barrel that lives up to our reputation is tougher than it looks. Anyhow, as of this moment, we're still not quite where we want to be. Even state-of-the-art barrel-making equipment needs tweaking in order to ensure match-grade barrels - and yep, we're still tweaking.

In the meantime, we are awash in Field Grade quality barrels. So, to get rifles out into long-awaited folks' hands, we are going to offer to send rifles with a Field Grade barrel on it. These Stainless-Steel barrels are nothing to look down upon, but they’re just not on par with the ones we’ll be producing soon. Consider the Field Grade barrel as a "beater" barrel to use and abuse. The rifle will ship with a coupon for a no-cost follow-on Match-Grade barrel that we'll send out once we're satisfied with our setup.

Be advised, But you don't have to take us up on this offer. You may stay in line if you wish.

Please do not call us, Juli will be calling you shortly ... starting today.

Thanks,
    Mark LaRue

If I understand this right, they're saying "We're willing to send you your rifle with a lower-grade barrel now and will send you the high-grade barrel you ordered as soon as we're able. For free. Your option." IOW, they're giving away free barrels just to keep impatient customers happy.

Wow. I think LaRue may have just earned a permanent spot on my short list for, well, anything they make.

Is LaRue really that good in the customer service department or am I missing something?
    Hurley's Gold

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Hahaha, hmm, their lack of communication and CS is what caused this email finally. Look around a few other forums, especially ar15 (where the LaRue fanclub stays) for what people really think. And finally, I love their Dillo dust.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I was deciding between one of their 16" stealth uppers or a BCM one for my upcoming build but this makes me lean in their direction. Truly remarkable customer service by the sound of it.

Out of curiosity, what was it that you had ordered?

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have a rifle on order at LaRue, and when I got that email, I immediately thought "Hmmm, so now I'll probably be waiting 12 months instead of the 'over a year' timeline they originally gave me. LOL

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Interesting divergence of opinions. Thanks; I knew y'all would know more than me.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    They make good products but owner is such a douche y'all can't keep his products. Plenty of other good companies around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    The man is having problems bringing a product that meets his standards of quality. Rather than simply say "keep waiting" and selling barrels as seconds (for those that don't follow the "high-end" market), he instead offers to ship them as temporary barrels so that his customers can at least get some trigger time in - and says up front that they can have the barrels gratis when he DOES get the other barrels "right" and shipped out.

And for that....he gets slapped. There's just no pleasing some folks.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    From my talkings with LaRue, they are just having a hard time keeping up with their huge workload. They bit off a tad bit more than they can chew imo. They still make one of the best AR platforms out there, and their customer service is second to none.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The man is having problems bringing a product that meets his standards of quality. Rather than simply say "keep waiting" and selling barrels as seconds (for those that don't follow the "high-end" market), he instead offers to ship them as temporary barrels so that his customers can at least get some trigger time in - and says up front that they can have the barrels gratis when he DOES get the other barrels "right" and shipped out.

And for that....he gets slapped. There's just no pleasing some folks.
    This.

Atleast he won't just send out the rifles with the junk barrels and call them good enough.

Anyone else do something like this to get the gun in your hand as fast as possible?

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    They still make one of the best AR platforms out there, and their customer service is second to none.

Yep, and as long as i'm alive and buying tactical rifles and accessories, i'll be a loyal customer of theirs. Though i'm still perturbed after they made such a goofy, unannounced change to the PredatOBR rifles with that QD front end (WTF)....I wasted a lot of time on that wait list and had to start all over with a replacement order.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I got the same email too, but as I understand they make top of the line AR. So does other manufacturers such as Knights, FnH, DD, LMT most of them have caught up with the back log and scars are already flooding the market along with DD. Hell even GA Precision's GAP 10 is around 10 months now.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Apparently people haven't been following the fiasco this situation really is. Deadlines were not met, zero comms were given, people were told if they don't like it, go somewhere else. The CS for that company has gone down the shitter, if you haven't dealt with it in the past year or so, it has changed for the worse. Go read the threads in the industry section on ar15 or the semi auto rifles section on the hide for how people really feel.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    Apparently people haven't been following the fiasco this situation really is. Deadlines were not met, zero comms were given, people were told if they don't like it, go somewhere else. The CS for that company has gone down the shitter, if you haven't dealt with it in the past year or so, it has changed for the worse. Go read the threads in the industry section on ar15 or the semi auto rifles section on the hide for how people really feel.

I have. A lot of those douchebags acted like total dickwads to the company over the phone. Treating someone with respect goes a really long ways these days. Every time I have called to ask them something, I have been treated with the upmost respect.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    The company is great in my opinion. They had a long waiting list LONG before the whole gun ban scare hit and it got even worse when the gun ban did hit. A lot of people felt the company owed them an explanation and they didnt get one until lately. Larue has been working to bring barrel making in house.

People can call Mark a douche or whatever they want, he is a man who is proud of his company and what he makes and he will defend that to the grave.

As for quality, they make the best in my opinion and they are in Texas.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    A lot of those douchebags acted like total dickwads to the company over the phone.

And I am betting over half of them never even talked to anyone at LaRue, nor never had a fucking rifle on order to begin with. They are just jumping on the bandwagon because they can't afford LaRue. Internet desk jockeys.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston

Do you have, or have had, a LaRue rifle on order? Have you personally had a bad experience, or any experience directly with LaRue CS, or are you just spreading what you read on the internetz?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom