• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    How about posting a few photos here, for the people who couldn't make and are not on Facebook (like me)?

Will they do this again next year?

Will Larue sell me a rifle directly if I drive up there?

Thanks.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Hey, Texas1911, PM me your facebook.

I just returned from the event and MAN, it was PACKED! Lines were long as was the wait.

Lady luck was with the ladies for the raffles; a nice NightForce scope and the whole OBR 5.56 package went to ladies, along with a few others.

All in all, I appreciate LaRue for throwing such an event. I think next year, they will definitely be better prepared for the amount of people that showed up.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    That was an awesome event. Thanks to LaRue for putting this on. All the LaRue staff were outstanding folks. They should all be proud for the job they all did. What an amazing group of folks. Makes me want to buy an OBR just to show my support. Hopefully I will soon.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I would say about 3k+ people showed up. I know they ran out of sign up libialiaty waivers to shot at about 11am and the lady said there were 1500 of them printed. They went and printed more. Cop there was saying two thousand cars.

Food Trailer
    Food1.jpg
    Food Trailer 2
    Food2.jpg
    Lines
    Lines.jpg
    OBR Winner, Ok, her back...
    OBRLightwinner.jpg

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Got there about 11 yesterday and stayed until they did the final raffle, got some pics on my home computer but since I'm at work, I can't upload them.

Overall it was a fun event and got to shoot about three different rifles including the one with the Surefire silencer on it, which was a first for me.

Didn't get a dillo or any of the rub and they had sold out of the patch set that I was wanting to pick up, but did get a free range day 2010 hat, a free PMag from Paul and then won a Geissele Super 3 Gun Trigger from the raffle at 2:00, over all this will definitly be something I will attend next year and so on. Hopefully by the next one I will have my AR so I can take advantage of the great prices they had on mounts, optics, and other things.

The only thing that I would like to see for the next one is some more vendor products for sale (There was only about 3 magpul things for sale and 2 were the dvd's) and a different way to get to them, having to stand in that line was not real fun but was worth it if you were buying optics or mounts.

Oh, and I did see Sean and his cigar in the crowd at the final raffle!

5093907723_e4dce50fec.jpg

Top Bottom