Laser Gun Bible Stories

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Fortitude88, May 5, 2013.

1. Fortitude88

Fortitude88 Member

May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    I purchased (err.. pre-ordered) my first firearm the other day, a Kimber Ultra CDP II, and the store owner asked me if I wanted a laser on it.

At first I thought he was joking, but then he started praising them like stories from the Bible - that, at night, accuracy without it (a laser) was "beyond the sphere of reasonable expectation" and, should I ever require low-light accuracy, "expect to be shot".

Ultimately I decided to order my gun without the laser attached to the grip. But what are your thoughts? It seems to me guns have worked just fine for hundreds of years without lasers. Do any of you use them?

2. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    You need to learn to shoot with iron sights before you add all the bells and whistles

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

3. Younggun

Younggun Doer of Deeds TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A good light is much more important than a laser.

4. inceptor

inceptor Active Member

A laser is just another tool, not to be relied on. First you need to learn how to use your iron sights.

5. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I agree with all 3 comments so far. Watch people at the shooting range with their first laser. It will be bouncing all over the place. I'm not saying its a bad addition; it's just that everything else has to work first.

6. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They are a valuable tool when used properly. They are definitely a back up for other proper skills.

7. Barry Green

Barry Green Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Everything they've said is true. The question is:how good are your eyes? If you're of an age where you need reading glasses, and you can't focus on your pistol's front sight, then a laser can be a massive help. But lasers can fail, they can be misaligned, etc. You NEED to be able to shoot without it. Once you can do that effectively, then a laser can be a great addition to a personal-defense pistol.

8. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    No disagreement here with previous comments.

9. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Agreed with comments.

10. London

London The advocate's Devil. TGT Supporter

Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Tritium.