• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fortitude88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Flower Mound, TX
    I purchased (err.. pre-ordered) my first firearm the other day, a Kimber Ultra CDP II, and the store owner asked me if I wanted a laser on it.

At first I thought he was joking, but then he started praising them like stories from the Bible - that, at night, accuracy without it (a laser) was "beyond the sphere of reasonable expectation" and, should I ever require low-light accuracy, "expect to be shot".

Ultimately I decided to order my gun without the laser attached to the grip. But what are your thoughts? It seems to me guns have worked just fine for hundreds of years without lasers. Do any of you use them?
    Guns International

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    You need to learn to shoot with iron sights before you add all the bells and whistles

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I agree with all 3 comments so far. Watch people at the shooting range with their first laser. It will be bouncing all over the place. I'm not saying its a bad addition; it's just that everything else has to work first.

Barry Green

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Everything they've said is true. The question is:how good are your eyes? If you're of an age where you need reading glasses, and you can't focus on your pistol's front sight, then a laser can be a massive help. But lasers can fail, they can be misaligned, etc. You NEED to be able to shoot without it. Once you can do that effectively, then a laser can be a great addition to a personal-defense pistol.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Eh, what? How will a millimeters-wide dot give away your position? All that tells the other guy is "hey, someone's got a laser and most likely a gun on me".

That was my opinion too...until it was pointed out to me that the slightest bit of dust in the air will create a sparkling red or green line straight back to where the laser is.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm glad that it disappoints you. Disagreement is an important human emotion and something that should be experienced often. It helps us grow. Well, some of us.

It didn't bother me so much, but what does it mean?

Top Bottom