• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Has anyone had this done to correct their vision? Similar to cataract surgery. Going in for it in 2 weeks for the right eye and the left follows a week later. Austin Eye.
    ARJ Defense ad

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Has anyone had this done to correct their vision? Similar to cataract surgery. Going in for it in 2 weeks for the right eye and the left follows a week later. Austin Eye.

With lense replacement you'll get ghosting or flaring pretty bad at night, but your vision will be 20/20 unlike lasik which only burns the lenses down. That's what an optometrist told me when I thought about opting for it.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yeah... I had it done 1 year ago by Eye Center of Texas in Pasadena. Total cost for both eyes was over $6k. I won't go through all the BS I went through with them but I'm pretty dissatisfied. I can see. I can see better than I could but I still must wear 2.0 reading glasses for anything arms length to computer monitor. My long distance vision is OK but it ain't like when I was 30 yo. I went through their counseling session to determine which procedure to opt for. The scalpel surgery for cataract cost in the hundreds of dollars paid for mainly by medicare. Then the single lens laser surgery that I opted for and finally multi-focal which they did not recommend with cost ~10k.

If I had it to do over again I would opt for the scalpel surgery being as I'm wearing glasses 75% of the time anyway.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    With lense replacement you'll get ghosting or flaring pretty bad at night, but your vision will be 20/20 unlike lasik which only burns the lenses down. That's what an optometrist told me when I thought about opting for it.
    LOL... none of that is true. They do some shaping of the eyeball to reduce astigmatism. And implant a lens. I have no flaring, no ghosting, no problem day/night vision.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I had it done about 6 years ago. I was mowing the lawn and realized I was mowing the same spot multiple times because I could not tell what was already mowed!
    Cataracts removed. Multifocal lenses implanted.
    I have ghosting and difficulty driving at night. Direct lighting in the house is an issue. For instance, if someone is sitting in front of a window or with a light fixture behind them, it's uncomfortable and difficult to look at them.
    That said, I went from wearing glasses my whole life and being legally blind in my left eye to seeing 20/25 in the left and a bit better than 20/20 in the right.
    I have to carry artificial tears with me and use them several times a day.
    I was so blind I would do it again.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    The only issue I had post surgery was a hazy/foggy vision. I was told "That happens with some lenses." And for an additional $100.00 they preformed an outpatient laser procedure to burn off the haze. So they told me.

Rest of the story. When it came time to renew my drivers license vision was an issue. Went to an optometrist figuring bifocals and I'm on my way. Wrong. Eyesight was so bad it could not be corrected with only lenses. Some form of surgery was required.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I had it done about 6 years ago. I was mowing the lawn and realized I was mowing the same spot multiple times because I could not tell what was already mowed!
    Cataracts removed. Multifocal lenses implanted.
    I have ghosting and difficulty driving at night. Direct lighting in the house is an issue. For instance, if someone is sitting in front of a window or with a light fixture behind them, it's uncomfortable and difficult to look at them.
    That said, I went from wearing glasses my whole life and being legally blind in my left eye to seeing 20/25 in the left and a bit better than 20/20 in the right.
    I have to carry artificial tears with me and use them several times a day.
    I was so blind I would do it again.
    Interesting.

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    I had lens replacement 2 years ago this March. The only issue I have is round taillights will have rings. Doctor said that would probably happen. It was a little freaky at first, but now I don’t notice it 99% of the time. I need reading glasses sometimes based on ambient light, background contrast and print size. I went from wearing glasses for 48 years to 20/20 vision. Best thing I ever did.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I had it done a couple years ago. Left eye is pretty good, right eye is messed up. If i had a redo, I'd just keep wearing glasses. 8,000.00 down the tubes.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    IIRC 4k$ for lens replacement - far vision correction plus astigmatism. Roll up the flexible lens, remove your lens and inset new one. No flaring, no cataract (although they will come back eventually). Reading glasses for reading and computer. No big deal Those with bi/tri-focal implants seem not to like them. My understanding is lasik can only be done once.

LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW

Both eyes....lens replacement in due to cataracts. Set me up with monovision.
    Left eye is for distance. Right eye for closer work (computer, etc.).
    I'm thrilled with the results. I have to shoot left-handed since I'm left eye dominate, but not a problem.
    No halo's at night, no bluring, great vision....best decision of my life.
    My doc was outstanding....Dr. Bebe...Cornea Associates of Texas in Plano, Tx. He's the man!
    No glasses for the first time in 50 years.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Going in Tuesday for it with a new Panoptix lens supposed to correct for near, far and astigmatism. The DR said the previous LASIK worked fine and my astigmatism is only a very slight issue. Far vision is just a tad bad but near vision sucks. Hoping for excellent results! It is $6300 for each eye. Ouch! Being done by AustineEye and Dr. Odette. I have a hard time shooting as I can't see both the sight and the target at the same time. Well not good anyway. Without glasses can't see the front sight. With I can't see the target.

bfm0072

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Georgetown
    Going in Tuesday for it with a new Panoptix lens supposed to correct for near, far and astigmatism. The DR said the previous LASIK worked fine and my astigmatism is only a very slight issue. Far vision is just a tad bad but near vision sucks. Hoping for excellent results! It is $6300 for each eye. Ouch! Being done by AustineEye and Dr. Odette. I have a hard time shooting as I can't see both the sight and the target at the same time. Well not good anyway. Without glasses can't see the front sight. With I can't see the target.
    He did mine. I think he is excellent.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Yes next Tuesday. They don't do both at once in case of issues. Not painful at all but somewhat uncomfortable at times. Maybe just because I was anxious as there is no going back once done. So far clearing up nicely.

Top Bottom