• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oz15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    SETX
    Hey What's up everyone...I just recently purchased my first handgun. I ended up picking up the XDM40. Now I'm beginning the search for a light and a laser, or a light/laser combo. Anyone have any recommendations, opinions, suggestions, etc??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Oz-
    Capitol Armory ad

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I like the Insight M6 or M6X, the X is supposed to be more durable but the regular M6 does fine on my .45acp.

Here's the M6X:
    [url]http://www.insighttechgearstore.com/m6x.html[/URL]

Streamlight also makes a nice one that I have heard great things about, the TLR-2, but I have no experience with it.

Here it is:
    [url]http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=81[/URL]

Surefire makes an X-400, but I haven't even heard any opinions on it.

Here ya go:
    [url]http://www.surefire.com/X400-LED-WeaponLight[/URL]

This is a good start, and keep in mind that these are the manufactures sites, so pricing will usually be lower through your local guy or online vendors.

One of our sponsors, TXTacticalSource in Houston carries some as well. Their website is [url]www.TXTacticalsource.com[/URL] though I didn't see any there. You can call or email them and they would be glad to help. Great group of guys to deal with.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Sure fire also has a 200 and a 300 that I think are cheaper than the 400, but that is by no means gospel. The streamlight is suppose to be a good choice but sure fire says that you can hammer 16 Pennie nails into a 2x4 and not hurt it that is the only to I know any thing about. as far as laser's go don't get anything that bolts on to the trigger guard they are a PITA.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The Surefire X300 is most definitely cheaper than the X400, but it's also only a light and not a light/laser combo.
    I figured it would be. I was playing with the streamlight weapon light and the light/laser combo at gt dist on Friday and they seem to be a good product. They were very bright even in the well lit showroom floor. I would look into those, now that I have had a chance to play with them.

Oz15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    SETX
    Thanks for all the feedback! Surefire and streamlight are where I'll take my first look(s)...I understand there are plenty of players out there, so I'll just have to keep reading and get out there and get my hands on some of these products to try them out.

-Oz-

Oz15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    SETX
    Thanks for the offer A Five-O...but I just started looking into these and I want to shop and research a bit before I buy. I'll check back with you later maybe...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I looked at a stream light light/laser combo at Gt's yesterday on my way home. It was very bright and clearly would light up any home for clearing. The only thing I found and I could be wrong, but you can't engage the light and the laser separately from one another. They both come on very crisp clean without a lot of play in the finger switches. The switches: if held up on the left side are momentary on, if you push them down on the right side the light will stay on. I also think that they have that eye ball melting effect that M Sage talked about in another thread. Sorry I didn't look at the sure fires, hope this helps.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom