• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thinkin about getting a budget laser range finder. Only need about 500 yrds max, probably less. Will only be used every now and then so I don't want to invest alot. Or if somebody has one they wanna get rid of....
    Lynx Defense

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I use a bushnell yardage pro V2. It works out to 1000 yards. some old man gave it to me at the course I gave lessons at because "it didn't work"... Not sure you will be able to find a deal like that, but you can snag them pretty cheap on ebay.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have a Leupold 600 rangefinder. Seems to work pretty well... When I was shopping for one, it was pretty much the same price as comparable Bushnell ones so I went with name brand. Honestly don't know what makes one good over another, but this one works for me.

Symbolic

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2017
    San Angelo
    This topic is over 5 years old, but have any new or upgraded LRFs come out that anyone can recommend? I'm not looking to shoot past 500 yards, currently.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but -

Necropost winner?

Somebody on the back end really needs to keep stats on this. It's fascinating.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but -

Necropost winner?

Somebody on the back end really needs to keep stats on this. It's fascinating.

At least he's using the search feature, instead of being one of those fucking snowflakes that wants everything spoon fed to them.

Not that I have an opinion.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I have a Nikon I got on sale at Academy. Works great and around $150. Range is 400 I think.

I have a Bushnell 1220 yd too, and I like it better, but it was around $300.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Thanks for the recommendations. The Leica 1600b is out of my price range, but maybe I can check out those at Academy.

There are many that are way down the price scale that will serve you just as well. If you are shooting under 500 yards, then anything that reads that range should work well.

My Nikon 400 yd one is awesome. Anything under 300 yards gets a good reading. But the Bushnell is a bit clearer so I normally use that one. It reads to 1200 yards, but I've never got a reading over 500 with it on my shots.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Gotta watch the labeling.

Most rangefinders advertise max distance on reflective targets with non reflective range being around half.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Since I started this thread way back I'll update.

I still don't have one and still browse them. The minimum range I browse has gone up to "get the longest range I can afford when I decide to buy".

Symbolic

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2017
    San Angelo
    Most rangefinders advertise max distance on reflective targets with non reflective range being around half.
    I guess I should probably look at a 1,000+ yard capability then. However on my budget, I will probably end up adopting your "get the longest range I can afford when I decide to buy" philosophy

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    You guys might want to check manufacturer websites. Most have refurbs for half the normal price.

Top Bottom