• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Anybody use a Laserlyte rear sight? I was just looking at them and they have come out with new ones to fit a few of my pistols including the PF-9. My only concern is how far it sticks out from the pistol. The point (for me) of the PF-9 is concealability. HERE is the link.

If anybody has actually used this product and has some feedback, let me know.
    Hurley's Gold

shaggydog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    College Station
    I have them on my Glock G21 and my G30. Both have a few hundred rounds through them with no ill affects to the sights. Both still hold zero and function as advertised. The sights do not interfere with either my OWB of IWB holsters.
    I recommend them highly.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The Laserlyte rear sight is absolute, unfettered, pure, TRASH. Do NOT waste your money on it. They are poor quality, inconsistent, and they break very easily. When I was at Cabela's, almost EVERY single one that we sold came back in for repair as they broke that easily when trying to adjust windage or elevation. From what I remember, I believe it wasn't long after Glock started offering these, I could have sworn I saw a press release from Glock where they actually stated clearly that they were discontinuing it and severing their relationship with Laserlyte because it was such a horrible issue. I cannot write a more scathing review, they are absolute trash, do not buy one! ;) LOL If you want a laser, the only realistic options for a PF-9 would be an Insight X2L light/laser combo (if it will fit), or the Crimson Trace laserguard: Laser Sight For Kel-Tec PF-9 LG-435 | Crimson Trace Laser Grips

Inexpensive lasers are trash. The small rectangular $90 Laserlyte laser is trash. The ONLY lasers I have seen, that work, and that are good quality would be anything from Surefire, Streamlight, Insight Technology, or Crimson Trace. Those are the ONLY brands I would trust.

*Edited to add*

To clarify my experience with these, I have shot probably over 100 different types, brands, and models of handguns in the last several years. Basically everything you can imagine, and some stuff you never would have thought of. Ever seen a bowie knife that had a break open 9mm zip gun built in? LOL I have used tons of different weapon lights and lasers. For a good portion of the 1 year period I worked at Cabela's, I saw several HUNDRED factory Glocks come through with the Laserlyte rear sight. Something like 95-98% of all the ones sold were returned for warranty repair (and keep in mind this was just at ONE location) because they broke far too easily when trying to make adjustments. So, to clarify, to date I have seen several hundred of these things fail, and we've had similar reports from around the country.

TheTomcat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Shaggydog and Sig_fiend,

Thanks for your replies. I have done a bunch of web research on these and the reviews go both ways. It IS however good to know that so many were returned to Cabela's. I think I have decided against this laser mainly because of the function of the on/off switch. In a hurry I don't see how I would reach up with my laft hand and turn it on?????? I think I am going with the CT Laserguard. The on/off switch seems to work more naturally. Thank you both for your time and insight. Have a great weekend.

Top Bottom