• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When would you like the Fall Hicksville meet to be held?

• October - 1st Saturday

Votes: 13 35.1%
    • October - 2nd Saturday

Votes: 12 32.4%
    • October - 3rd Saturday

Votes: 4 10.8%
    • October - 4th Saturday

Votes: 2 5.4%
    • October - LAST Saturday, no matter the date

Votes: 3 8.1%
    • November - 1st Saturday

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ETA: Poll will be closed Monday morning, May 5, 2014.

Hello fellow Hicksvillians ;)

Via this poll, we are going to select a standing date for the Fall Hicksville Meets. Once a particular weekend is selected, the Fall meet will be held on the same weekend year after after. The intent is to provide ample planning time to each member and so that other TGT meets may be scheduled accordingly.

Halloween actually became a hot topic, several saying the may not attend Hicksville if there was a conflict. It's not often there would be a conflict over next 10 years but it does happen, chose your date wisely.

There is also opening weekend for deer season to consider. This is some what of a test, a Spring date selection will come later.

This thread is ONLY for selecting the Fall date, please keep comments on topic, Thanks!
    Military Camp

Last edited:

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Just to explain my vote for 3rd Saturday of October.
    Dove opener is past. We may hit opener of bow season, maybe not.
    Rifle is weeks away.
    Halloween is too.
    Weather is usually better, for my bunch anyway.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    This is a tough one. Does Hicksville have anything scheduled on any particular weekends of the month? Example: CHL Classes on the second Saturday or some sort of training on the third Saturday of the month.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    This is a tough one. Does Hicksville have anything scheduled on any particular weekends of the month? Example: CHL Classes on the second Saturday or some sort of training on the third Saturday of the month.

CHL instructor works around us, so far.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I would prefer the first or second Saturday (early in October)....I am in physical therapy school and I start my clinical rotations on October 27th, which means the week before that will be my final exams so I will be studying the third saturday in preparation for exams. If I am placed somewhere nearby then the date won't matter so much but I could end up anywhere in the country! Not that I expect y'all to plan the event around my schedule but based on the Hicksville event a few weeks ago I will do everything in my power to make it to the fall event!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Are there other students who will have exams around that same time frame? Two things of concern came up with us-1 being payday. Some people get by only being paid on the first, so a meet at the beginning of the month may be easier on them. The second being students. We don't know if there's a lot of testing going on in Oct that we need to try and plan around.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Are there other students who will have exams around that same time frame? Two things of concern came up with us-1 being payday. Some people get by only being paid on the first, so a meet at the beginning of the month may be easier on them. The second being students. We don't know if there's a lot of testing going on in Oct that we need to try and plan around.

most likely not (can't say for sure) but we leave for our first rotation mid semester (8 weeks of school then 8 weeks of rotations) so we are basically taking our finals when most would be at midterms!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    most likely not (can't say for sure) but we leave for our first rotation mid semester (8 weeks of school then 8 weeks of rotations) so we are basically taking our finals when most would be at midterms!
    Ok. Personally, I'm in college but on a self-pace program. So my input is completely useless with this. lol

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Your date selection should be based on the big picture and not any one particular Fall plans or commitments.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    My concern with the fall meet is always Marching Band competitions. They typically start the last weekend of September and go through the end of October. Also, if we do first of November, we have leftover pumpkins on sale....so I choose you, 1st Saturday of November....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom