• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Wow. I'm a pretty environmentally minded fellow, but this religion of the left, environmentalism, is economic suicide. Outside looking in, we are destroying our own economy and industrial capacity.

I'm sure we will find a way to keep procuring lead, but at a higher cost or by "alternative" means.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Wow. I'm a pretty environmentally minded fellow, but this religion of the left, environmentalism, is economic suicide. Outside looking in, we are destroying our own economy and industrial capacity.

I'm sure we will find a way to keep procuring lead, but at a higher cost or by "alternative" means.
    they dont care about the economy , just their twisted beliefs, and the junk science behind it

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yay for the greenies and the EPA! Hopefully they will be able t put a dagger through the heart of coal and kill off our power plants too! Yay!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    wow... An entire industry killed; and it has nothing to do with demand or labor/manufacturing costs or technical innovations. Government regulation killed it.

This impacts a lot more than just ammo; there's lead in all sorts of stuff.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Seems to be their plan. Take away any way our economy and 99% of the people are going to need .gov to survive.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Lead is heavy, but i would think a train ride to Mexico would be cheaper than the slow boat from China. Perhaps they'll open a smelter plant in Mexico for US lead.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Stay calm! The country doesn't use the amount of lead we once did. No lead in gasoline since the 1990 amendments to the Clean Air Act. The military has switched over to non-lead bullets. Smaller batteries are all metal hydride and even car batteries use a lot less lead than they used to. Lead is no longer used in paint (replaced by titanium dioxide).

Lead smelters have an awful time trying to comply with EPA regulations. They basically can't have any emissions - and that isn't realistically possible. Better to send the lead off to China or a Third World country for reprocessing.

Listen, the EPA is doing FAR, FAR worse things than pushing lead smelters out of business! The Greenhouse Gas regs have already been used to prevent construction of a coke-fueled power plant in Corpus Christi. Over the next few years, those regs will be used to squeeze out petroleum refineries and will cause your electric bill to skyrocket.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Stay calm! The country doesn't use the amount of lead we once did. No lead in gasoline since the 1990 amendments to the Clean Air Act. The military has switched over to non-lead bullets. Smaller batteries are all metal hydride and even car batteries use a lot less lead than they used to. Lead is no longer used in paint (replaced by titanium dioxide).

Lead smelters have an awful time trying to comply with EPA regulations. They basically can't have any emissions - and that isn't realistically possible. Better to send the lead off to China or a Third World country for reprocessing.

Listen, the EPA is doing FAR, FAR worse things than pushing lead smelters out of business! The Greenhouse Gas regs have already been used to prevent construction of a coke-fueled power plant in Corpus Christi. Over the next few years, those regs will be used to squeeze out petroleum refineries and will cause your electric bill to skyrocket.

Yeah but I shoot boolits.

There are way to many liberal fruit cakes in my town for las brisas to have made it... It wasn't just the EPA. It was all the oil burning Subaru drivers and their 80 bumper stickers.

Hopefully they get some of the other stuff industrial wise built before they realize it...

Top Bottom