• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    You have a strong grasp of DTPA 21.21 -,203 and Title 5. Sub C. Chapter 541.
    Perchance you dabble in this a bit?
    No idea what you're talking about, I'm just giving an opinion on something. I don't work for State Farm either, I just hate it when people get homeowner's policy provisions wrong, or worse, willingly wrong to short change customers to save the parent company a few dollars.

Should be straightforward for him though: tree on residence premises fell onto covered property. Coverage is so easy a caveman could do it :p. There is some trickiness for removing the tree from covered property, processing, and disposal of said tree, then it'll come down to appropriate repairs of his barn. Some contractors will be adamant it should be bulldozed and rebuilt, some will be able to do a reasonable repair for a few thousand. I can't make that guess from the photos provided. Here's his first nickel's worth of advice; don't make it evident that you're running a business out of the shop. If its all shade tree hobby work, that shouldn't be a problem.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    I'm not a public adjuster or attorney representing you, but I'll be happy to give you a nickel's worth of advice if you need it based on what the adjuster says/estimates.

I'm actually curious about that spray foam insulation, I would assume its repairable but I've also heard from many contractors say it has to be scraped off and re-sprayed. who knows.
    The contractor that built it and came out to do the repair estimate is thinking to respray the roof and we will just see about the walls and patch spraying them since I have plywood on the inside so it should be good.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    No idea what you're talking about, I'm just giving an opinion on something. I don't work for State Farm either, I just hate it when people get homeowner's policy provisions wrong, or worse, willingly wrong to short change customers to save the parent company a few dollars.

Should be straightforward for him though: tree on residence premises fell onto covered property. Coverage is so easy a caveman could do it :p. There is some trickiness for removing the tree from covered property, processing, and disposal of said tree, then it'll come down to appropriate repairs of his barn. Some contractors will be adamant it should be bulldozed and rebuilt, some will be able to do a reasonable repair for a few thousand. I can't make that guess from the photos provided. Here's his first nickel's worth of advice; don't make it evident that you're running a business out of the shop. If its all shade tree hobby work, that shouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks, and yes just my own stuff. Nothing in it is someone else's. Blessingly the original contractor came out and said the structure looks good.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    The big guys routinely trounce on their customers rights to improve their bottom line. As few are willing to push back they get away with it regularly. In short your opinion on this is quite correct, in my opinion.

Last edited:

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    The big guys routinely trounce on their customers rights to improve their bottom line. As few are willing to push back they get away with it regularly. In short your opinion on this is quite correct, in my opinion.
    Biggest thing I have seen is usually with auto insurance and have seen many things they have tried to do but my best friend does autobody work for 35 years and we have been friends for 25 so I've heard many horror stories.

JGA177

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Austin
    yeah, we got those winds thru Austin on Thursday night. it tore a couple trees in our neighborhood but the only damage I got was having a barbeque grill cover ripped off and thrown in the pool, but I've experienced worse with high winds in the past. I'm guessing having the trees trimmed 18 months ago followed by the Icepocalypse a few months later last year really helped mitigate any potential damage. All I've got is some oak and a few cedar trees so skipped major damage.

Top Bottom