• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Interesting thing about Medina - a LOT of home schoolers are talking her up, but the THSC has officially decided to support Perry. Lots of home schoolers are not happy about it.

As for whether or not she has a chance, that's a sore subject with me. People should not be deciding that she has no chance this early. That's a politician trick, and it is what they do to get votes concentrated. I tell people to vote their conscience. Any other method gets us what we've gotten. Change starts locally, and there's nothing more local than YOU.

Telling you someone isn't going to win is a scared man's trick when they think that the competition is gaining ground on them... It's a trick pulled in high school athletics and a trick continued to this day in our electoral system.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Telling you someone isn't going to win is a scared man's trick when they think that the competition is gaining ground on them... It's a trick pulled in high school athletics and a trick continued to this day in our electoral system.

How am I scared?

If I ran for President, and you said I wouldn't win, does that make you scared? LOL. No, it makes you logical.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Why are so many talking about splitting the vote? She's running for the Republican nomination. If she wins, we have an excellent candidate. If she loses, we still have a very good candidate in Perry and a decent one in Bailey-Hutchison. IMHO

Good point, however KBH may gain ground on Perry by removing some of the true conservative vote via Medina. I don't think KBH has enough clout for that to really matter in the end though. Medina is going to be attractive to some of the KBH vote as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Perry or Medina, but I'm not too pleased to see KBH. I think if KBH wins the nomination that we'll have a tight race against the Dems. The Dem candidate might be a better choice than KBH, haven't looked too far into him. Usually the Dems down here are just moderates.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yeahy, and we see exactly how well that turned out in the '08 Presidential Elections. We don't have the luxury of voting out of principle until we gain ground back from the Democrats/Liberals.

I am sorry you do not have an understanding of how the electoral college works.

Your vote for POTUS does not really matter in Texas, or California.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I am sorry you do not have an understanding of how the electoral college works.

Your vote for POTUS does not really matter in Texas, or California.

It actually does not matter in any state. The Electors can vote any way they want. So far as I can tell, they've always voted the way the people vote. I've just now gotten into looking at this through all Presidential elections that I can find info on.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It actually does not matter in any state. The Electors can vote any way they want. So far as I can tell, they've always voted the way the people vote. I've just now gotten into looking at this through all Presidential elections that I can find info on.

My point was that Texas and California are both such polarized states{ one far left and one far right} that there is almost zero chance that the states will swing for left{in the case of Texas} or right {California}.

There are only about 10 states that are "in play" in every Presidential Election.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Good byplay here. It's true that in several states many elections are over before they begin and it's a waste of time and money to campaign there. For instance, for whatever reason, the last three elections Texas has been majority Repub.

Recall in McCain's camp, there was some mention of Kollifornia being in play. He made a trip through there but it was a complete waste. While much of Cal. is Conservative believe it or not, the major areas of La La Land and Bay Areas control the state, are 90% liberal. So they rule the state.

Back to Texas. I imagine the left is thinking that if they controlled the major areas they might swing it back. They control some major areas, Austin, El Paso, and some other small union pockets. So they probably figure if they could get Houston or Dallas that would do it. A big hurdle but in the realm of possibilities.

There are college courses on how campaigns work. It can get very deep.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    So they probably figure if they could get Houston or Dallas that would do it. A big hurdle but in the realm of possibilities..

The Democratic candidate for Governor will likely be Tom Schieffer, and he will carry Dallas. But just like in the 2008 election, probably not the northern suburbs, mid cities or Fort Worth/Tarrant county, so they lose the MetroPlex. Tarrant county is so far right, they (dems) won't bother trying to swing that area.

Non the less, we need to fight fire with fire, and it's not too soon.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I Should have held true to what I said before the last Pres election and moved to Mexico if B-Rock won. LOL! Seriously tho if KBH wins the Gov seat we will be in bad shape in this state. This Medina sounds good and Perry is alright but KBH is just a traitor!

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I like what I read about Medina,but she is an unknown and relative newcomer as far as I know.If she should take the primary then it might be a different story.As for KBH,I don't trust her at all.She has been in DC far too long,now her wanting to come back and run Texas sounds like she has an ulterior movtive that she hasn't said yet.At this point in time I would have to go with perry although I think all the long serving politicians should br dumped and start all over with new people that will go strictly by the constitution.I sure don't want any liberals to win anything except maybe a bus ticket back to where ever they came from. sj

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    KBH as always voted Pro-Gun so I would trust her with that issue. But like it's been said, what does she have up her sleeve, actually taking a step down from a Senator. She might be aiming for a Repub VP spot in the future.

Don't know Medina but will keep an open mind because she seems to favor my #1 issue, no more Gun Control. Would not be happy if she was to cave on the other issues.

Perry is the best Pro-Gun Guv we have ever had. He gladly signs all pro-gun bills, he attends the NRA Banquets, I would trust him with my issue 1,000 %.

Don't even want to think about who is running on the dem side.

Top Bottom