• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I am sending a link to the Grind Hard Ammo Instagram. He is very open about production and logistics (component suppliers) issues he’s facing...extremely informative!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZ_Atmgj9b/?igshid=uduba2ibgkgx

I’m NOT an Instagram guru, but I do NOT have a Facebook account and I like following some shooting and gun industry folks. I hope the link works for you...but no ideas if it won’t.

The guy who started this company, Austin Weiss, is the custom car fabricator who built Grind Hard Garage. Very pro-2A, hard working American.

His ammo is manufactured in FL. It is premium products but he’s selling direct to public.

For more info, check out the website and sign up for notifications at https://www.grindhardammo.com/

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I am sending a link to the Grind Hard Ammo Instagram. He is very open about production and logistics (component suppliers) issues he’s facing...extremely informative!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCZ_Atmgj9b/?igshid=uduba2ibgkgx

I’m NOT an Instagram guru, but I do NOT have a Facebook account and I like following some shooting and gun industry folks. I hope the link works for you...but no ideas if it won’t.

The guy who started this company, Austin Weiss, is the custom car fabricator who built Grind Hard Garage. Very pro-2A, hard working American.

His ammo is manufactured in FL. It is premium products but he’s selling direct to public.

For more info, check out the website and sign up for notifications at https://www.grindhardammo.com/

It's definitely expensive, but it is available. Supply and demand in effect.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    It's definitely expensive, but it is available. Supply and demand in effect.
    Yes...it isn’t cheap. I think he’s about on par with basic Underwood ammo prices. What I find very interesting with GHA is his transparency. Lots of IG posts on ammo being manufactured, and he always comments on component availability, cost, etc. I find it educational.

But definitely spendy. I have not personally bought any yet...haven’t needed to...but if I didn’t have any, I’d probably suck it up and buy some just to have.

YMMV

TTM07

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2019
    San Antonio
    What was typical pricing for .308 Win before the current panic buying? Currently seems to go around $2.00 a round if you can even find it now.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    About 65 or 75 cents per rd for federal XM80 was normal.

2.00 per rd is what federal gold medal match 175gr used to cost before the panic.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I would pick up some Lee push through sizing dies. They're like $20 and fit in your reloading press. You'll need to slug your barrel with a piece of pure lead to know about what size you'll need. Better yet, get some cerrosafe and cast your whole chamber so you can figure out what your throat size is. Ideally, you would want the bullet to be 0.001" or so under your throat size, and just a bit (0.001-0.002") bigger than your bore. That doesn't always happen, but that is what you want. There are a ton of tutorials out there on doing both of these things.
    Have you ever looked into swaging bullets?

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    What was typical pricing for .308 Win before the current panic buying? Currently seems to go around $2.00 a round if you can even find it now.
    Depends on what it was and who you were buying from.....I got some a while back for about .50 cents per round. That is not the case now. All of the surplus battle packs have pretty much dried up.

Top Bottom