• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Just saw the latest presidential poll for Texas shows Trump and Biden tied at 47% each, anyone believe this?

Seems reasonable to me. In 2016, Texas voted 43% for Hitlery and 52% for Trump. Factor in 4 more years of liberals moving here, 4 years of media brainwashing, and the fact that some %age of Trump voters will lie, fearing they'll be attacked.

So yeah, a poll that comes back 47/47 doesn't seem that crazy at all.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    A lot of folks who share our values but have no real skin in the game might be so tired of the asshattery they bite their cheek and vote for the boring choice.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Polling has lost it’s allure in the eyes of the public as participants; I’ll be surprised if it’s still a fixture after this election and modeling isn’t good enough to be reliable.

If anything, the public is growing weary of the near-constant political aspect to everything from voting to choosing what cereal to have for breakfast, and if you have anything else, your a dirty goatfûcking puppy-killer.

The parties and the industries behind them, to include the media, risk alienating the general public and their desire to participate in elections.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Polls can be very easily manipulated by the pollsters to gain the desired results. All you need to know are the right questions to ask, and the right targeted demographics in which to ask those questions.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Between the venomous responses to people who let their opinions be know about anything and the lack of veracity in poll-takers and MSM, I don't think there's any poll worth acknowledging now. I think people are playing it close to the vest with their votes.

seeker_two,

Fwiw, when I was in grad school long ago, polls were OFTEN close to correct but in 2020 I see NO possible METHODOLOGY that is more likely to be correct than "pulling numbers out of the air".

yours, satx

Top Bottom