Laugo Alien - Thoughts?

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
Apr 27, 2016
Springtown
I would absolutely love the opportunity to shoot one of them

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Also heard good feedback on the Phoenix Redback,
It doesn't inspire confidence when the website of the American importer isn't working. I tried on Firefox, Chrome, Midori and NetSurf.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
I think the squeeze cocking mechanism adds as much value as the retarded blowback operation.
QFT.

If I could turn back time and keep all the knowledge I have, I have a strong suspicion that the only standard (i.e., not single-shot or special-purpose target) pistols I would own would be two or three copies each of the P7 M8 and the K3. Dedicating myself to making the squeeze-cocker a part of the way my brain works just seems too logical. That system is pure magic.

But, damn, those fried fingers sure are a pain to deal with. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
've heard good things about the pistol so far from a couple competitive shooters who own them
So have I but have any of that first run of 500 for the American market actually arrived? That really bugs me at this point, about 6 months after they were supposed to be delivered.

General Zod

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2012
Kaufman County
I'm definitely seeing the Bren Ten similarity, plus the whole "super expensive status symbol" pricing. Got a feeling it's going to turn out to be vaporware with a few existing examples but no production run and a lot (theoretically a lot anyway) of angry prospective buyers who aren't going to get their deposit back.

Sad, though, because it appears to be very innovative, and if it was priced competitively it could have been a game changer instead of a curiosity. I'll be looking forward to watching Ian discuss it on Forgotten Weapons in a few years.

etmo

Jan 25, 2020
Cedar Creek, Tx
So have I but have any of that first run of 500 for the American market actually arrived? That really bugs me at this point, about 6 months after they were supposed to be delivered.
On the Brian Enos forum, they said that as of last week a few of the pre-orders had finally begun to trickle in. Pandemic, overhyped or not, really messed with the supply chain. By summer, we'll have the full scoop on this pistol, whether it's worth it or not (regular production price is supposed to be pretty darn high, like 3k or more), can you get replacement parts, is the mfr good with support, what kind of ammo does it like, etc, etc, etc.
A competitive shooter up in Alberta just went past 50k rounds with his, no real issues, so hopefully reliability won't be an issue.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads