Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I like it but I'm not interested in acquiring one for what they want for it. Same goes for the FK BRNO. Even the plastic "poor man's" BRNO (PSD) is pushing $2,000.
    Interesting comparison.

Part of what bugs me about the Alien right now, though, is that the delivery of the initial batch is running about 6 months late. I guess they can blame it on the Covid but it seems to me that when you take a bunch of deposits for a gun you're going to deliver in 6 months and nearly a year has gone by, something's really wrong.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'll let you know next week
    Are you taking delivery of one? They're so late I had given up on seeing any reports but if you've been notified that yours is coming, please confirm that for us. It would give me hope for the future.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Hmm, costs 3,000 more than a P7, is a plastic frame, and no squeeze cocker....but my finger won't catch on fire? :D

I think the squeeze cocking mechanism adds as much value as the retarded blowback operation.
    I like the idea, but I'm not even I could spend a grand on that thing.

You could get a CCP and save 4,500 bucks with a little finger roasting, seems like a lot just save your fingers :D.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    I love the fact that people are thinking creatively, trying to improve firearms for everyone. The Alien looks interesting, and I'd love to try one.

The 5k price tag / only 500 limited edition guns at first was a thing with the Arsenal Strike One about 6 years ago or so. It worked well -- they sold all their 500 limited edition slots, which got them the money to buy some tooling to up production and now Arsenal have a little niche market for the Strike One (for example: https://www.rainierarms.com/733/ ), and they're building up their company.

So Luago decided to copy that strategy, and they're certainly off to a great start. The 500 spots for the limited edition Aliens sold out in a hurry, and I've heard good things about the pistol so far from a couple competitive shooters who own them. Nothing magical, but definitely good. So we'll see if they can create some momentum and get a niche of their own.

Also heard good feedback on the Phoenix Redback, so maybe add that to your list of guns to try: https://phx.swiss/index.php?id=113

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think the squeeze cocking mechanism adds as much value as the retarded blowback operation.
    QFT.

If I could turn back time and keep all the knowledge I have, I have a strong suspicion that the only standard (i.e., not single-shot or special-purpose target) pistols I would own would be two or three copies each of the P7 M8 and the K3. Dedicating myself to making the squeeze-cocker a part of the way my brain works just seems too logical. That system is pure magic.

But, damn, those fried fingers sure are a pain to deal with. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    've heard good things about the pistol so far from a couple competitive shooters who own them
    So have I but have any of that first run of 500 for the American market actually arrived? That really bugs me at this point, about 6 months after they were supposed to be delivered.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm definitely seeing the Bren Ten similarity, plus the whole "super expensive status symbol" pricing. Got a feeling it's going to turn out to be vaporware with a few existing examples but no production run and a lot (theoretically a lot anyway) of angry prospective buyers who aren't going to get their deposit back.

Sad, though, because it appears to be very innovative, and if it was priced competitively it could have been a game changer instead of a curiosity. I'll be looking forward to watching Ian discuss it on Forgotten Weapons in a few years.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    So have I but have any of that first run of 500 for the American market actually arrived? That really bugs me at this point, about 6 months after they were supposed to be delivered.

On the Brian Enos forum, they said that as of last week a few of the pre-orders had finally begun to trickle in. Pandemic, overhyped or not, really messed with the supply chain. By summer, we'll have the full scoop on this pistol, whether it's worth it or not (regular production price is supposed to be pretty darn high, like 3k or more), can you get replacement parts, is the mfr good with support, what kind of ammo does it like, etc, etc, etc.
    A competitive shooter up in Alberta just went past 50k rounds with his, no real issues, so hopefully reliability won't be an issue.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom