Law Enforcement Only ammo

zackmars

Well-Known
Nov 4, 2015
Texas
OP context was pistol Ammo, hence I replied in context

But since you brought it up, AP Ammo is also illegal in certain rifles and DDs, but I would be most impressed if OP has GAU-8 and is looking for 30mm DU rounds.

If we are talking about actual pistol calibers, the only AP pistol ammo you're going to find is in Russia

TipBledsoe

Jun 28, 2020
San Antonio area
I had been told that the reason these became "law enforcement only" was driven by doctors because the ammo does so much damage... I gather that's just marketing hype, and apparently quite effective lol.

Dred

Mar 12, 2012
Houston, TX
LE Only marked ammo is found in 50 round units. When the same ammo is sold without the LE marking, it is often packed 20 rounds per unit and sold at the same price as the LE 50 round units.

IMO, LE Marking is a pricing courtesy manufacturers extend to LEOs. Thankfully, some retailers aren't picky about the qualifications of the buyers.

TipBledsoe

Jun 28, 2020
San Antonio area
OP context was pistol Ammo, hence I replied in context

But since you brought it up, AP Ammo is also illegal in certain rifles and DDs, but I would be most impressed if OP has GAU-8 and is looking for 30mm DU rounds.
I'd be plenty proud and impressed with myself just to own a Barrett M82A1... but a GAU-8!?!?... (insert exploding brain emoji here)

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member