• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    The police defenders always say something like "we don't know the whole story". I never hear them say that in defense of the person in handcuffs, only the cop. The police nut huggers are as annoying as the police bashers.
    Texas SOT

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Good LEOs actually DO want to bounce the bad ones... And fast. The problem on the forum tends to be those that want to pile on a cop when all they have is a news snippet. One from the MSM that they have screamed about for the last decade as being biased and one sided. You don't want to be convicted without due process. Neither do cops.

If we couldn't pass judgment on fucked up "facts" at best, then we would cease as an internet.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry, I don't buy it.

There's been several incidences where you were batting for the other team ... without the facts, without the experience, etc.

You are a classic example of a "back the badge" type of mentality that people talk about. You are no different than the person that has some grudge against the police.

That being said, neither person is "wrong" ... frankly we're just tired of playing daddy when someone gets their butt hurt on the internet. And to the other point made by another poster, people can't handle arguments on the internet. Everyone wants to be right and has to dry hump the other person until they run into a mental wall, then they start calling names and everything else.

The police **** up ... a lot, just like EVERYONE else. We only know about this because of the voyeurism that seems to track the police due to an inherent mistrust of the police. There's just cause for this, the police can very easily **** your life. Just the same as a politician, judge, or any other person in a position of power. That's why police ****-ups are news and Wendy's fucking your order up are roadbumps at best.

Does this mean that the police are out to get us? No. 90% of the police are trustworthy and hardworking individuals that are in it for the right reasons. The other 10% are what **** it up for the rest. Those 10% and the outcry from the admittedly undereducated populous give you the "us vs. them" mentality that is purported by BOTH sides. For every cop that blindly backs his buddy in blue, lies for them, and picks a side there's further cause for the public to be alarmed.

Personally I respect Texan2 for his methods and ways of talking about police matters. It's transparent and honest ... and well, that's my honest opinion.

Wow. Just wow.

Is this like you seeing me having problems with a 1911 at a shoot I didn't even attend?

The entire slant of this board has gone further anti-cop in recent months. So if some have gotten fed up with it, it's understandable. What he's pushed for (as has others) has been a reservation of judgement pending more factual information. Ask Zimmerman how that works - remember the 911 tapes released by NATIONAL media that were later shown to have been doctored? That rush to judgement was ready to convict a man long before his day in court.

What most right-thinking, FAIR individuals want is information on which to base judgement - and that's NOT going to be available in a 20-second news clip. You of all people should know that.

I find it interesting that you have now declared that 10% of police are bad. Cite the basis for that, or retract it - because that's EXACTLY the problem - made-up "facts" with no basis. So please - show the basis, or retract the claim. I would have expected better from you.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    This thread is bad, and everyone should feel bad. This getting stupid. We are all supposed to be on the same team here, we need to get our shit together.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Good lord... I have just recently been back on the forum more frequently to see "whats happenin" here... Clearly nothing productive. LEO's getting a sore ass over someone having an issue with police so they take a condescending tone to "correct" them in their opinions. Everyone else getting butt hurt and lashing out that an officer is defending another officer because they apparently know what it's like to be in their shoe. When honestly, both sides are getting out of hand in their own way over something just plain stupid. There is WAY TOO MUCH butt hurt going on in this fucking gun forum. We are here to befriend one another over a common interest not argue over irrelevant speculation and personal opinions. Where there is a keyboard, there is no respect.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Wow. Just wow.

Is this like you seeing me having problems with a 1911 at a shoot I didn't even attend?

The entire slant of this board has gone further anti-cop in recent months. So if some have gotten fed up with it, it's understandable. What he's pushed for (as has others) has been a reservation of judgement pending more factual information. Ask Zimmerman how that works - remember the 911 tapes released by NATIONAL media that were later shown to have been doctored? That rush to judgement was ready to convict a man long before his day in court.

What most right-thinking, FAIR individuals want is information on which to base judgement - and that's NOT going to be available in a 20-second news clip. You of all people should know that.

I find it interesting that you have now declared that 10% of police are bad. Cite the basis for that, or retract it - because that's EXACTLY the problem - made-up "facts" with no basis. So please - show the basis, or retract the claim. I would have expected better from you.

I believe he is talking about the "Vitality Curve"

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Good lord... I have just recently been back on the forum more frequently to see "whats happenin" here... Clearly nothing productive. LEO's getting a sore ass over someone having an issue with police so they take a condescending tone to "correct" them in their opinions. Everyone else getting butt hurt and lashing out that an officer is defending another officer because they apparently know what it's like to be in their shoe. When honestly, both sides are getting out of hand in their own way over something just plain stupid. There is WAY TOO MUCH butt hurt going on in this fucking gun forum. We are here to befriend one another over a common interest not argue over irrelevant speculation and personal opinions. Where there is a keyboard, there is no respect.
    and if people can't show a modicum of respect they get blasted in many cases. If I linked every homeowner uses firearm story I found with some ignorant comment such as 'this is why we should ban guns, folks keep killing each other' I would imagine it would draw the ire of members. Essentially that is what many here do to cops.
    I think what shocks me most is that for people that claim to be so independent minded, so many are like sheeple feeding at the MSM trough. Gobbling up every word. I don't know how many times I have seen, 'but the news said...' here's a tip. Screw the news, they get it wrong FAR more often than not.
    I think what the LE on the board mainly request is that you gather ALL the facts. First. If you use the search function you will see in almost every case I say something about waiting for an investigation to conclude before making up my mind. I think if you were being investigated for a crime you would prefer police used ALL the facts, not just 30 seconds worth from a TV news piece.
    I think this thread was really directed at those with a chip on their shoulder toward LE, which is a small minority.

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The police defenders always say something like "we don't know the whole story". I never hear them say that in defense of the person in handcuffs, only the cop. The police nut huggers are as annoying as the police bashers.

That is exactly the attitude to what I am writing. And you referring to people as nut huggers is typical. You cannot discuss, you attack.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    All of these stories come from our tabloid news sources. It's a crying shame that the MSM has sunk to such levels, but the all mighty dollar is more important to them than reporting the truth.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    3rs74t.jpg

Seriously though, why can't people just chill a little? Plenty of Islam bashing as well and you don't see Imran coming unglued.

I'm a pretty libertarian principled guy, but the constant posting of conspiracy theories and injustices wears me out too. We all know there's stuff out there that shouldn't be happening like it is. We all know government had overstepped it bounds in a ton of ways. That doesn't mean that every story that comes out is a sign of some pending collapse of our entire society and that all LEOs are gonna come take your goodies and throw you in a FEMA camp. Most stories that come out have massive factual issues anyway. Besides, if the world did go to shit I think most of my local LEOs would be a core group of guys and girls working to fix it.

We all also know that its the internet and sometimes different people get keyed up about different things. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go. This place is a pretty great community online. Let's not screw it up by taking everything so personally.

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    View attachment 22593

Seriously though, why can't people just chill a little? Plenty of Islam bashing as well and you don't see Imran coming unglued.

I'm a pretty libertarian principled guy, but the constant posting of conspiracy theories and injustices wears me out too. We all know there's stuff out there that shouldn't be happening like it is. We all know government had overstepped it bounds in a ton of ways. That doesn't mean that every story that comes out is a sign of some pending collapse of our entire society and that all LEOs are gonna come take your goodies and throw you in a FEMA camp. Most stories that come out have massive factual issues anyway. Besides, if the world did go to shit I think most of my local LEOs would be a core group of guys and girls working to fix it.

We all also know that its the internet and sometimes different people get keyed up about different things. Sometimes you just have to let stuff go. This place is a pretty great community online. Let's not screw it up by taking everything so personally.

X2... mods time to lock this down, its going nowhere fast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom