Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wow! Lots of good info here.

So, can ISD officers issue speeding tickets anywhere in their geographic ISD (for example, on the highway that is nowhere near a school)?

YES, that is the whole reason I posted my initial post about them.....I was unaware that they could until just a few yrs. back.
    Guns International

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Not that it is a bad thing, but there sure is alot of different police agencies around, kind of confusing

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I worked with a LEO (I'll omit the agency) that used to work in the prison system and at the end of his prison guard career he worked in the "departure dept" he said more than one inmate when asked where he wanted his bus ticket marked replied "anywhere but Williamson county". LOL. My dad was a Sheriff deputy and a deputy Constable here. Almost every stupid thing I've done has been done here and yet I'm still okay.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Really?

I think because WilCo prosecutes people the the fullest extent (maybe a certain person had some bad incarceration in WilCo.)Ha.

I worked a meth case there and they gave the couple 50 years combined time! It was sweet!

Oh, so honest, law abiding folk like ME (and I assume most here) have nothing to worry about or reason to avoid the place.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a question and I'm by no means trying to be a smart ass. If the revenue from traffic fines don't help anything why does the fine go up $20 a year? If the city isn't making any money why do they issue the fines in the first place? And if the money isn't a source of revenue why do they issue warrants the payment is late?

I think only small cities can efficiently make any money on the deal. I don't like it. I think it is a crock, but it is the reason that you should always go the speed limit in little towns (and 3 mph below the speed limit in Shavano Park, TX. I think they have the highest number of police cars/ miles of road).

Long story short, traffic citations SHOULD NOT be a method of taxation. That puts the law enforcement/government in a moral hazard.

Top Bottom