• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Hang around. This place is pretty tame compared to other gun boards. Welcome to guns & concealed carry!

I've been carrying since I turned 21. I'm 39 now. Soon it will be over half my life.

The first time I carried I did it in the small of my back. I think I thought it would be less noticeable. Then I drove my truck and went shopping at HEB. Driving that way sucks. Bending over at the store was unnerving cause I was afraid the gun would show.

Now I carry at about the 3 o'clock position IWB (inside the waistband) & I don't notice it at all.

What type of gun did you buy?

ETA: Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?

Very true. Some places have moderators who like to carry a club and just smack people they don't like, and let others run wild they do like. Of all the gun boards I have been on, this one has been the most accommodating. I have seen some minor infighting but nothing like other boards where being a jerk is a badge of honor.
    Texas SOT

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Yes, usually the delays are this is a huge State, I don't care what Alaska says (they have less usable territory), and a lot of people get CHL's renewed/LTC's issued. Some for the first time. So, I don't stress a few weeks.
    For those that I know of who've done everything electronically, the wait times have been like two weeks. I know it's nowhere near a state average, but 5 of my students since June have told me the same thing.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I found qualifications with civilians to be disturbing. Everything from slide bite, to missing the target, muzzle integrity, not knowing how to clear a jam. Two shots at 15? That isn't remotely hard. I think it was me and one guy with a revolver that did well. The others got the licenses and just carry, and I don't think ever practice, which on one level scares the hell out of me. I am more worried about being shot by one of them when they are trying to shoot an aggressor.

My father in NM has one, and half his church does. I asked him a simple question, if everyone knows where the other person is that is armed, where do they sit? It turns out they sit on opposite sides of the Church. I asked, has anyone considered cross fire? He said, that was a good point. You may shoot the BG in the middle aisle, but each other at the same time.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I found qualifications with civilians to be disturbing. Everything from slide bite, to missing the target, muzzle integrity, not knowing how to clear a jam. Two shots at 15? That isn't remotely hard. I think it was me and one guy with a revolver that did well. The others got the licenses and just carry, and I don't think ever practice, which on one level scares the hell out of me. I am more worried about being shot by one of them when they are trying to shoot an aggressor.

My father in NM has one, and half his church does. I asked him a simple question, if everyone knows where the other person is that is armed, where do they sit? It turns out they sit on opposite sides of the Church. I asked, has anyone considered cross fire? He said, that was a good point. You may shoot the BG in the middle aisle, but each other at the same time.
    My last class this past Saturday didn't have a single score below 237. As a matter of fact every shooter had 200 points when we were done at 7 yards before moving back to 15 yards. I was given grief when I stated Instructors should have to score 250 instead of 225 in my first CHL Instructors course back in 2010 in Georgetown. I was also chided for saying the CHL class wasn't training and we shouldn't have to take a test to carry a gun in our own state.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    My last class this past Saturday didn't have a single score below 237. As a matter of fact every shooter had 200 points when we were done at 7 yards before moving back to 15 yards. I was given grief when I stated Instructors should have to score 250 instead of 225 in my first CHL Instructors course back in 2010 in Georgetown. I was also chided for saying the CHL class wasn't training and we shouldn't have to take a test to carry a gun in our own state.

Where I’m from originally you can carry without a permit. I miss Maine, just not the winters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Where I’m from originally you can carry without a permit. I miss Maine, just not the winters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I spent three years at Minot AFB. I know the feeling. North Dakota had weird gun laws at the time. You could OC without a license, but it had to be unloaded and no OC after sunset or before sunrise unless you have a ND LTC. They share reciprocity with TX.

Top Bottom