• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I know how the firearms restrictions are. Just wasn't sure about less lethal stuff. I've been trying to get someone on the horn with Travis county and Austin about this stuff, but have only received their voicemail.

I've been searching for documents online, but my google fu is weak. Looking for state, county(Travis), and Austin laws on OC, Tasers, Stun guns, batons, and the like.

Austin, TX Online Resources

I looked it over and don't see a thing.
    Venture Surplus ad

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. I don't see anything either. This will make my report very simple. Citing a shit ton of different penal codes is cumbersome and annoying.

vipermike1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    dallas, tx
    Kimber JPX Pepper Spray Legal??

After reading all 7 pages of post here. I am wondering if the Kimber model JPX would be legal to carry in Tx. The model has the shape of a pistol and operates as Kimber Guardian Angel Pepperblaster Spray has a stronger non-aerosol, pyrotechnic delivery system that blasts the liquid out at your target.

It has 2 shots at Only 0.39 oz each. I would say that is a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection.... as the TX law requires??

I do not see how this could be listed as a firearm ??
    site
    Product Details

PepperBall Hotshot ... Please give your input on TX laws concerning this

This device launches 1 Shot of strong irritant cloud of PAVA
    The HotShot™ Portable Protection Device

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    PepperBall Guns

Would a pepper ball gun be legaltocarry in Texas for self Protection?

Here a Pepperball pistolfor to the public.
    SA-8

Here is an another one:
    The best Self Defense T68 Package

If?? it is illegal, I seems that Paintball guns would be also. They have Paintball games over over Texas? Lots of people own them.

I would say paintball guns are chemical dispensing devices and are prohibited weapons.

Paintball guns? For self protection? bwahahaaahaahaahahaaha

vipermike1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    dallas, tx
    I would say paintball guns are chemical dispensing devices and are prohibited weapons.

Paintball guns? For self protection? bwahahaaahaahaahahaaha

Pepperball guns are modified velocity Paintball guns that shoot pepper balls for self protectection. Companies sell to the public, But I do Not know if they are legal to carry in Texas? Here are two examples below.

Self Defense T68 Package The best Self Defense T68 Package

Self protection SA-8

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Pepperball guns are modified velocity Paintball guns that shoot pepper balls for self protectection. Companies sell to the public, But I do Not know if they are legal to carry in Texas? Here are two examples below.

Self Defense T68 Package The best Self Defense T68 Package

Self protection SA-8

I mistyped. Pepperball guns appear to be chemical dipensing devices and unlawful in Texas.

vipermike1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    dallas, tx
    I mistyped. Pepperball guns appear to be chemical dipensing devices and unlawful in Texas.

Large chemical dipensing devices Illegal
    Small chemical dipensing devices Legal

I am confused about the Texas law below: #1. When the law speaks of "a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection is legal to carry". Are they speaking of the quanity of pepper spray, 1oz, 2oz etc.. or the size of the dispenser itself. My point is a pepperball pistol is large device but the pepperballs hold Very small amounts of pepper powder (not liquid) less than .34oz each. Some pistols only hold 8 rounds.

Why would this be illegal?
    Is a Pepperball or Paintball gun cosidered a firearm in TX? They use co2 to shoots a projectile?
    sold commercially: commerical stores and web sites?

Pepper spray that is small, available commercially and for self protection is is legal. Standard use of force laws apply.

Here are some laws you should be aware of;

§ 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an
    offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures,
    transports, repairs, or sells:
    (1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (3) a short-barrel firearm;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    (6) knuckles;
    (7) armor-piercing ammunition;
    (8) a chemical dispensing device

§ 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:

(14) "Chemical dispensing device" means a device,
    other than a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection, that is designed, made, or adapted for the
    purpose of dispensing a substance capable of causing an adverse
    psychological or physiological effect on a human being.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Large chemical dipensing devices Illegal
    Small chemical dipensing devices Legal

I am confused about the Texas law below: #1. When the law speaks of "a small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection is legal to carry". Are they speaking of the quanity of pepper spray, 1oz, 2oz etc.. or the size of the dispenser itself. My point is a pepperball pistol is large device but the pepperballs hold Very small amounts of pepper powder (not liquid) less than .34oz each. Some pistols only hold 8 rounds.

Why would this be illegal?
    Is a Pepperball or Paintball gun cosidered a firearm in TX? They use co2 to shoots a projectile?
    sold commercially: commerical stores and web sites?

Pepper spray that is small, available commercially and for self protection is is legal. Standard use of force laws apply.

Here are some laws you should be aware of;

I am well aware of the law. That is why I believe a pepperball gun is a chemical dispensing device and unlawful to posses. I suppose if you have no pepperballs it would not be.

The ad page for the SA 8 even tells you that HOT rounds are not available for Texas, they will only sell you inert.

It just seems clear to me that.

vipermike1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    dallas, tx
    I am well aware of the law. That is why I believe a pepperball gun is a chemical dispensing device and unlawful to posses. I suppose if you have no pepperballs it would not be.

The ad page for the SA 8 even tells you that HOT rounds are not available for Texas, they will only sell you inert.

It just seems clear to me that.

Thanks, but a small can of pepper spray is a chemical dispensing device? 10 Pepper balls contain less pepperpower than your normal pepper spray device on a keychain.

Other popular web sites sell Live Pepper rounds to Texas. See: The best Self Defense T68 Package
    I called the web site and they asured me Texas was not on the list..
    Live Rounds are prohibited in California, Delaware, Minnesota, Washington DC and Wisconsin to customer. In New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts, Live Rounds and Launchers must be purchased through an authorized dealer.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Thanks, but a small can of pepper spray is a chemical dispensing device? 10 Pepper balls contain less pepperpower than your normal pepper spray device on a keychain.

Other popular web sites sell Live Pepper rounds to Texas. See: The best Self Defense T68 Package
    I called the web site and they asured me Texas was not on the list..
    Live Rounds are prohibited in California, Delaware, Minnesota, Washington DC and Wisconsin to customer. In New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts, Live Rounds and Launchers must be purchased through an authorized dealer.

Dude, do whatever you want. Is the company willing to pay your defense and serve your time when you get busted? Go back and read the law; ALL OF THE WORDS, in context.

Good grief.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Question: why would you want to carry that thing around? Its a paintball gun that looks like a real handgun.

I don't think a dinky paintball gun is going to stop any real bad guy, and I don't believing in bluffing with your life. It stands to reason that a fake gun is more likely to get you killed than no gun. Some one correct me with evidence if you have evidence to the contrary.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Just becasue a fucking cop calls a fucking prosecutor and the night shift prosecutor accepts the charges doesn't mean that they are correct.

Hell, based on what I have seen in criminal court just becasue someone pleads guilty or even is found guilty by a jury doesn't mean that they were guilty of the crime.

I see cops and prosecutors take charges on stuff that is legal. Their attitude is let the court and the trial prosecutor sort it out.

Doesn't make it right but its the way things work.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Vipermike,

The argument can me made by a prosecutor that the pepperball gun is a chemical dispensing device.

Heck, you could add the pepperballs together and come up with a total amount of chemical.

Just saying, prosecutors are crafty.

vipermike1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    dallas, tx
    Vipermike,

The argument can me made by a prosecutor that the pepperball gun is a chemical dispensing device.

Heck, you could add the pepperballs together and come up with a total amount of chemical.

Just saying, prosecutors are crafty.

Thanks for the reply. On this particular device in the link below. It is really not a pepperball gun, it does Not shoot pepperballs, only 1 blast of pepper powder. It only shoots once, a "ONE" blast of 5 grams of pepper powder. Texas laws states a "small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection is legal to carry" I am confused?? Would this device be considered small? The dispenser only carries 5 grams of power. Or is TX law stating the dispenser itself is small or large, not the contents Please check link below..

This product has been featured on numerous News channels or other media. Marketing toward mainly Women and college students.

Legal in Texas or NOT.. TX laws is confusing.
    The HotShot™ Portable Protection Device

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The problem is the "small" is subjective. I can't define it, but I know it when I see it. lol

If you want a reliable, proven pepper device I like the Kimber product.

Top Bottom