• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jruiz72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Waco
    Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with my situation since Texas laws are a bit vague on this issue. My friend wants to give me a handgun for my graduation. I study and live in Texas 70-80% of the year. My father lives outside of Texas and claims me as a dependent in his tax return (which I think makes me an out-of-state person). Is it legal for my friend to gift me a handgun inside of Texas to be kept in my apartment? I have read sec 46.02, 46.04 and 46.06 (which refers to my situation) but I could not find anything denying me this transfer. I still want to ask around to be sure.
    Thank you
    Hurley's Gold

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The fact that your father claims you as a dependent on his income taxes does NOT mean that you can't be a resident of Texas. If you say you're a resident of Texas, and are here as great a portion of the year as you say, then shut up and accept the pistol. Were I you, I would get a Texas Driver's License or a Texas ID card and have it list your address here in Texas. Done deal.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Best not be breaking any Texas Laws around here. The Feds are too busy investigating Trump to catch bad guys like us doing shady gun deals. Take the gun and button up. Loose lips sink ships

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me with my situation since Texas laws are a bit vague on this issue. My friend wants to give me a handgun for my graduation. I study and live in Texas 70-80% of the year. My father lives outside of Texas and claims me as a dependent in his tax return (which I think makes me an out-of-state person). Is it legal for my friend to gift me a handgun inside of Texas to be kept in my apartment? I have read sec 46.02, 46.04 and 46.06 (which refers to my situation) but I could not find anything denying me this transfer. I still want to ask around to be sure.
    Thank you

If you are both Texas residents and not prohibited it is legal.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    orig.gif

Attachments

• orig.gif
      orig.gif
      7.2 KB · Views: 190
    Top Bottom