layed off so I am doing it.

claymore504

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Dec 2, 2008
Katy, TX
I got layed off and my last day is May 14th. it looks like I will be going back to the automotive shop I was at before here. I am taking a big pay cut, but at least it is a job. Anyways, this change of events has inspired me to apply for the Houston Police Department.....again. My original plan was if I got out of the Army I was going to be a Police officer. I got out and applied for HPD in 2001. During my application process i got deployed with the National Guard. When i got back i found out that HPD had been sued and all my application was void. his was a years worth of work and waiting gone. I got side tracked and well, here I am. So, I am going to give it another try!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
Being in the auto industry myself and taking a 25% pay cut the 1st of 2009, I feel your pain.
I wish you the best on the HPD application. I hope you make it.
Chin up ol'boy; the cow may be out of the barn but she's still in the pasture.

dbgun

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX.
Sorry to hear about your lay off. I work in the oil industry and we've been having layoffs since Janurary. A really good friend of mine, got laid off this pass Wednesday.
Best of luck.

claymore504

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Dec 2, 2008
Katy, TX
Sorry to hear about your lay off. I work in the oil industry and we've been having layoffs since Janurary. A really good friend of mine, got laid off this pass Wednesday.
Best of luck.

I am in the iol and gas industry as well. They have been laying off left and right here and I figured it was only a matter of time before I get a letter.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
If it makes you feel any better, since being forced out of the real estate industry by about the end of '07 as a result of that industry tanking, I've had about a 91% pay cut with the last 2 jobs I've had to take. It sucks to say the least. I'm aiming for going LE as well, though probably in about 2-3 years.

Big country

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Yea I applied at wilco sheriff's office for CO and got turned down I think because of my driving record and it will be a few years before I will try again.(just to let my driving record expunge a bit)

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom