layed off so I am doing it.

claymore504

Well-Known
Dec 2, 2008
Katy, TX
I got layed off and my last day is May 14th. it looks like I will be going back to the automotive shop I was at before here. I am taking a big pay cut, but at least it is a job. Anyways, this change of events has inspired me to apply for the Houston Police Department.....again. My original plan was if I got out of the Army I was going to be a Police officer. I got out and applied for HPD in 2001. During my application process i got deployed with the National Guard. When i got back i found out that HPD had been sued and all my application was void. his was a years worth of work and waiting gone. I got side tracked and well, here I am. So, I am going to give it another try!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
Jan 23, 2009
Ft.Worth
Being in the auto industry myself and taking a 25% pay cut the 1st of 2009, I feel your pain.
I wish you the best on the HPD application. I hope you make it.
Chin up ol'boy; the cow may be out of the barn but she's still in the pasture.

dbgun

TGT Addict
Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX.
Sorry to hear about your lay off. I work in the oil industry and we've been having layoffs since Janurary. A really good friend of mine, got laid off this pass Wednesday.
Best of luck.

claymore504

Well-Known
Dec 2, 2008
Katy, TX
Sorry to hear about your lay off. I work in the oil industry and we've been having layoffs since Janurary. A really good friend of mine, got laid off this pass Wednesday.
Best of luck.
I am in the iol and gas industry as well. They have been laying off left and right here and I figured it was only a matter of time before I get a letter.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
If it makes you feel any better, since being forced out of the real estate industry by about the end of '07 as a result of that industry tanking, I've had about a 91% pay cut with the last 2 jobs I've had to take. It sucks to say the least. I'm aiming for going LE as well, though probably in about 2-3 years.

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Yea I applied at wilco sheriff's office for CO and got turned down I think because of my driving record and it will be a few years before I will try again.(just to let my driving record expunge a bit)

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member