• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I got layed off and my last day is May 14th. it looks like I will be going back to the automotive shop I was at before here. I am taking a big pay cut, but at least it is a job. Anyways, this change of events has inspired me to apply for the Houston Police Department.....again. My original plan was if I got out of the Army I was going to be a Police officer. I got out and applied for HPD in 2001. During my application process i got deployed with the National Guard. When i got back i found out that HPD had been sued and all my application was void. his was a years worth of work and waiting gone. I got side tracked and well, here I am. So, I am going to give it another try!
    Capitol Armory ad

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Being in the auto industry myself and taking a 25% pay cut the 1st of 2009, I feel your pain.
    I wish you the best on the HPD application. I hope you make it.
    Chin up ol'boy; the cow may be out of the barn but she's still in the pasture.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Sorry to hear about your lay off. I work in the oil industry and we've been having layoffs since Janurary. A really good friend of mine, got laid off this pass Wednesday.
    Best of luck.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Sorry to hear about your lay off. I work in the oil industry and we've been having layoffs since Janurary. A really good friend of mine, got laid off this pass Wednesday.
    Best of luck.

I am in the iol and gas industry as well. They have been laying off left and right here and I figured it was only a matter of time before I get a letter.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If it makes you feel any better, since being forced out of the real estate industry by about the end of '07 as a result of that industry tanking, I've had about a 91% pay cut with the last 2 jobs I've had to take. It sucks to say the least. I'm aiming for going LE as well, though probably in about 2-3 years.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yea I applied at wilco sheriff's office for CO and got turned down I think because of my driving record and it will be a few years before I will try again.(just to let my driving record expunge a bit)

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Sucks to hear about the layoff. But here's to hoping all goes well with the HPD!
    cheers.gif

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Clay, sorry to hear the turn of events. But certainly best wishes on HPD!

When a door is a closed a window opens up.

Keep us up to date my friend.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I don't know if this will help, but my godson's father works for BAE systems (use to be Stewart & Stevenson) in Sealy, Tx. He told me that they are always looking for people.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I don't know if this will help, but my godson's father works for BAE systems (use to be Stewart & Stevenson) in Sealy, Tx. He told me that they are always looking for people.

They make the LMTV military trucks there on the right when heading west bound, right? That would be a pretty far drive, but I might be interested.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    They make the LMTV military trucks there on the right when heading west bound, right? That would be a pretty far drive, but I might be interested

Yes. They are very busy from what I hear. I was talking to the relative that works there, and he told me that they had to sign a form that stated something like he understood that the company needed him there from 6:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Saturday. This was for the next 18 months. There must be a lot of countries that need military trucks, I guess.

OnTheMark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Denton, Texas
    Clay, I was a Police Officer, and now I am a CHL Instructor. If you need any advice concerning the process, I will try to help any way that I can.

Mark

Top Bottom