• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ok guys-gonna pool some ideas here. I know someone who had to put a restraining order on a guy who's a private investigator/personal security by trade. Well, restraining orders aren't enough to hold some people back and this guy is good at tracking (obviously) as well as a little cray cray.

So-if you had to drop off the radar to where someone couldn't track you, how would you do it? The person has already moved out of state, and had a lock put on their credit report to prevent looking up any new address's that way. We've already checked their vehicle for any tracking devices as well-that was clean.

I'm really hoping for any feed back from people who have worked AS private investigators (coughTXIcough) or WITH private investigators. However-any ideas in general are helpful as well. C'mon y'all-lets help this person drop off the radar!! :D
    Venture Surplus ad

jtw2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Cedar Creek
    Unless you are willing to totally change your identity and never use anything electronic again and never have anything to do with anyone or anything from your former life it ain't gonna happen

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Move to the most unlikely place possible. No drivers license. Work under the table. Pay EVERYTHING in CASH. No utilities in your name. Absolutely NO banks, period. And most of all, absolutely NO contact with anyone from your past. Friends, family,,,,,,,everone. If you do, move again. No state issued ID either. You suddenly cease to excist. GOOD LUCK. It's possible but not easy. Most can't stand being that much of a nobody.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Working in the collection agency business our skip tracers would call family, former colleagues, and such and get them talking.

Even next door neighbors.

They need to tell everyone to keep lips tight about any information about the ware abouts of this person.

Another thing I'd do is poison the well with false information. Create a story that leads to a dead end or dead ends.

Now is the time to review public posts on Facebook and Google themselves and others they know.

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Thankyou JRB-we are slowly getting to that point with this person.

Matefrio-We already let the previous lot owners know what the deal is and not to give any address out to anyone...even if they "just need to forward a box of personal items". They took the note, are making sure all employees get it, and the manager took note of it as well. The previous neighbors don't know anything and anyone who knows even what state this person moved to knows not to give out the info. That's a good tip about the skip tracers though. That's the kind of info I'm looking for here. What are some tips for creating a story that leads to dead ends? I wouldn't know where to begin with that. I'll make it look like this person moved to the other side of the country :D

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I'd seed a digital pictures exf info with gps coordinates from another state and have a Facebook account open to the public where someone talks about rain or something that is happening in the area. Mention a make or model of car that is different than what they are driving. Mention a hair color change or style change. Mention a false police office in that area where they filed a restraint order.

If there are kids name changes that are fake as well. Go back to the lot owners and give them fake information. Say they are learning Spanish. Taking up skiing or enjoying a trip to a a amusement park. Put letters in the mailbox addressed to random places.

Most investigators are former LEO'S that have contacts to help them look things up. Think how they get information and poison that well.

Don't make it easy to find the information you are misleading about. Remember the best lies at 99.99999 percent the truth.

Had to do some editing, I was on my phone earlier.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If someone strikes up a conversation with someone, "inadvertantly" mention old friends from school from Seattle, or NY, anywhere, far,far,away. But not too far. Sometimes, the best place to hide is right out in the open. Many people miss what they don't expect. Just enough truth to seem like a falsehood.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What tools does the stalker have at their disposal? Specifically, do they have LE-contract level access on Accurint and other such tools?

Finding people who didn't want to be found was a major part of my job for many years and while I generally overestimate my abilities (even found a guy hiding in China once), if you catch me in full-honesty mode I'll admit that much of my success was because I had all the tools. Does your source of worry have LE, especially federal LE, contacts who can help him? If so, that would not be good.

PS - Matefrio is giving you good advice for active avoidance.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    This has the potential to be a very interesting thread.

My response would probably be the opposite of what most people are going to tell you. Instead of concentrating on lowering your profile I would take the approach of raising theirs.

I assume (perhaps wrongly) your friend is a woman. Use the PC aspects of bullying and violence against women to shine a glaring spotlight on the perp. Making them the hot potato. Remove their access to the resources to track you by pointing out their criminal behavior and potential to cause harm.

Criminals are successful when they can fly under the radar you need to increase the size of that blip on everyone's radar. Even crazy people have a sense of self preservation, show them there will be a price for their actions.

For instance you have a restraining order on this person. Let them put a tracking device on your car. They can track it straight to desk of the detective assigned to your case down at police headquarters.

I know, I'm too aggressive. Maybe it's time you stopped being so nice.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Might be time to go on the attack. Literally.

Obviously we don't have many details on the situation, and that is a good thing.

If this situation is as bad as you make it seem Jeremy, the stalkee has other options.

Run and hide isn't the first thing that pops into my mind.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This has the potential to be a very interesting thread.

My response would probably be the opposite of what most people are going to tell you. Instead of concentrating on lowering your profile I would take the approach of raising theirs.

I assume (perhaps wrongly) your friend is a woman. Use the PC aspects of bullying and violence against women to shine a glaring spotlight on the perp. Making them the hot potato. Remove their access to the resources to track you by pointing out their criminal behavior and potential to cause harm.

Criminals are successful when they can fly under the radar you need to increase the size of that blip on everyone's radar. Even crazy people have a sense of self preservation, show them there will be a price for their actions.

For instance you have a restraining order on this person. Let them put a tracking device on your car. They can track it straight to desk of the detective assigned to your case down at police headquarters.

I know, I'm too aggressive. Maybe it's time you stopped being so nice.

Interesting. Its like judo.

CrazedJava

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    DFW
    Cell phones you pay by the month are probably going to be the only way to keep in touch. There are plenty of no-contract options though. If you think you've been compromised, switch numbers and phones.

There was an interesting article a few years ago, on Wired.com I think, about a guy who posted a challenge to be tracked. Idiot would have made it except he started fake accounts on Twitter and Facebook to keep tabs on the groups trying to track him. That was smart, except he fell into bad habits on his fake Twitter account and actually started posting places he was going to go. The group figured out through some other means that he might be monitoring them via fake social media accounts. Figured out his Twitter account, and caught him. The bet was $3000 out of his own pocket IIRC.

The lesson is just stay the hell off social media or even if you do bother with social media keep it generic as possible or use if for false flag information. Hopefully that is not an issue for your friend, but if you're trying to stay unnoticed social media is bigger detriment than a help no matter how you use it.

Be careful sending digital pictures to family and friends. If it gets intercepted, some of them have metadata that may contain information about where the picture was taken.

Top Bottom