Leaked documents expose real story of botched raid.

Discussion in 'Killeen - Central TX' started by grasshopperglock, Dec 4, 2016.

1. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Can You Dig It?

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/leaked-documents-marvin-guy-killed-cop/

As we have faithfully reported on numerous occasions, a man named Marvin Louis Guy sits in a jail cell in Killeen, Texas, awaiting trial for killing a police officer. Arguably, however, the police officer, Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie, a beloved member of the Killeen Police Department, would still be alive had the KPD not chosen to serve a “no-knock” search warrant at Mr. Guy’s apartment home.
    The first thing Guy likely heard, at 5:30 am, on May 9[SUP]th[/SUP], 2014, was the breaking of his bedroom window glass. Possibly startled by the fact someone was breaking into his home, and hearing someone attempting to break down his front door, Guy started shooting, striking three of the officers, and killing Dinwiddie with one fatal shot to the face. While Guy has never denied he did fire his weapon, he’s repeatedly maintained he did not know he was firing at police.

2. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    Curious.... 'Inscribed' bullet base.

14-8385 over JU.

3. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    How many times have we seen this story play out with no knocks?

4. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I've followed this on other sites as well. This story has "screw up" written all over it. I don't think the PD is releasing everything about this case, in large part to them screwing up.

5. Shotgun Jeremy

Shotgun Jeremy TGT Addict

Jul 8, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    I just read it in full...great write up!

6. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    A guy in east TX got off on with a no bill awhile back when he shot and killed a deputy after they tossed a flash bang grenade into his home in the middle of the night.

Turned out a meth head had given info that he was a big grower of weed.
    The guy had one plant in his possession and all of his guns were legal and had no other legal issues

they no billed him, but the deputy is still dead

another no knock...

7. Recoil45

Recoil45 Well-Known

Feb 13, 2014
    I've seen other cases around the country where they didn't even arrest the home owner. No knocks should be reserved for when someone's life is in immediate danger. Things go wrong far too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Eli

Eli Well-Known

Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    When I went through the academy - in 1999 - we were told on no uncertain terms that 'no-knock' raids weren't legal in Texas, and that it was legal in Texas to defend yourself from excessive force from police.

Eli

9. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    Something to ponder while this case intertwines the castle doctrine.

If a group of people bust into your house. One yells "police", for a diversion. You hesitate and are shot. You didn't shoot because you heard the word "Police". You didn't want to be lethal injected but it doesn't matter.

You're dead already.

10. TacticalTed

TacticalTed Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Wylie
    Man....thats really....wow