• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alterspaces

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    I've always been obsessed with pocket guns and so I got a pocket holster. I like using my pockets, I put so much stuff in them, I carry several phones for example and they all go in my pockets. So the pocket was the go-to spot to put anything and everything, and of course my eventual pocket pistol. Well I didn't like it. It weighs a ton (more than everything else in my pocket), and it bounces around my loose pants.

IMG_0076.JPG

Just this week on Monday, I received my Ruger LC9 I just bought, and while the gun is ugly and I contemplated selling it right away, it came with a leather belt holster, which I just arbitrarily decided to try on last night and it was surprisingly extremely comfortable. It was basically unnoticeable, wow! This gun is bigger than my pocket pistols, but is less of a hassle to carry! Now I suddenly reconsider selling it, but I still hate the Ruger. Even though the holster is custom to Ruger LC9, it's leather and can still fit Kahr CW9 with decent snugness. So I might still get rid of the Ruger and keep the Kahr.

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0077.JPG
    Lynx Defense

alterspaces

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    Have you even shot the LC9? Mine is a nice shooter.
    I only got it a few days ago, haven't gone to the range yet. I'll try it out this weekend for sure.

Nothing else in pocket but the piece (holster free) is the way for me. Cargo pants give you 5 more pockets
    I wear cargo too, but it's precisely the loose/baggy part that makes the gun swing around that I don't like. you also get lint in the gun without a holster, and I thought if you conceal carry, it must be in a holster.

Why did you buy a Ruger LC9 if you hate it?
    I didn't know I would hate it. I just saw a cheap gun, so I wanted it despite being ugly. Problem is that what I was really looking for was something really small that's not a 380, and LC9 ended up not being small enough. When I received it was the first time I ever saw one in person so I had no idea how big or small it is. Pictures online, even by scaled rulers are 2-D and too hard for me to tell how big it is in reality. Now that I'm holding it, I realize it's too big for my liking and I'd rather just have my Kahr.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I only got it a few days ago, haven't gone to the range yet. I'll try it out this weekend for sure.

I wear cargo too, but it's precisely the loose/baggy part that makes the gun swing around that I don't like. you also get lint in the gun without a holster, and I thought if you conceal carry, it must be in a holster.

I didn't know I would hate it. I just saw a cheap gun, so I wanted it despite being ugly. Problem is that what I was really looking for was something really small that's not a 380, and LC9 ended up not being small enough. When I received it was the first time I ever saw one in person so I had no idea how big or small it is. Pictures online, even by scaled rulers are 2-D and too hard for me to tell how big it is in reality. Now that I'm holding it, I realize it's too big for my liking and I'd rather just have my Kahr.
    I prefer my P938 over my Kahr and Ruger pistols, however different they are, each functions as designed and is dependable.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I owned a Gen 1 LC9. It was a dependable gun, but much too small for my hand. Grip sleeve helped a lot. I also hated the field-strip procedure with the tiny pin. Ended up selling it to get something else.

My three pocket carry guns are the Ruger LCPII .22lr, Taurus 856 steel-frame, and the Taurus GX4. The GX4 is a better fit for me than the LC9, and it's field-strip procedure is better.

And, if you carry in the pocket, USE A FRIGGIN' HOLSTER! Don't free-ball your carry gun.....

alterspaces

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    I finally got around to trying the LC9 at the range and I was pretty bad with it. The double action only trigger made it difficult to keep shots on target at 5 yrds. Certainly comfortable to wear though.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I finally got around to trying the LC9 at the range and I was pretty bad with it. The double action only trigger made it difficult to keep shots on target at 5 yrds. Certainly comfortable to wear though.

Well if/when you gotta use it for realsies, just stick in right in their guts or the taint.

Betcha don’t miss then.emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I've had an LC9 for many years, since before the LC9s. It's a great little gun but not a pocket gun for me. It will beat you up in a cargo pocket, it's too large for a front pocket, it's fit but you can't get a firing grip on it and draw it. Ended up with a 642 revolver for pocket carry, best with no holster. I find a belt holster most comfortable with any handgun but doesn't conceal as well.

Top Bottom