• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I kinda wish Refrigerated Air had NOT been invented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We would NOT have all these Pu$$v liberals moving here.

Maybe Global Warming will move all the carpetbaggers back to the NORTH??????

bob

First time I visited Texas was mid-June 1994. My dad had a conference at DFW and we drove in from NC. The thing I remember most is that it was nearly 100° at midnight one night. I decided then and there that one day I was gonna live in Texas. NC is hot during the summer with a few weeks of mid to upper 90s and the humidity usually matches the temps. I'll pass on humidity like that.

I don't mind hot, actually I quite enjoy it. When my employees, most of whom are actual Texans, complain about the hot I tell'em that's why we live in Texas and we haven't have it any other way!

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1529461138093.jpg

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    the CA stigma is strong and true. Since I'm not a native Texan... I identify as a "Born-Again Texan"

the whole "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could" thing is just way too long.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

cdb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Livingston, TX
    Sorry!! but i'm not sure what the difference is between a LIBERAL, and a CLASSICAL LIBERAL! Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Think Thomas Jefferson.

From Wikipedia: "Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties under the rule of law with an emphasis on economic freedom."

It's what "liberal" meant long ago before the leftists stole the term to try to legitimize their political movement after "progressive" became a bad word.

CalAlumnus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2018
    Austin
    Think Thomas Jefferson.

From Wikipedia: "Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties under the rule of law with an emphasis on economic freedom."

It's what "liberal" meant long ago before the leftists stole the term to try to legitimize their political movement after "progressive" became a bad word.
    And here’s a video explaining the matter: http://www.learnliberty.org/videos/what-is-classical-liberalism/

Some folks may disagree with parts of classical liberalism, but it has basically nothing in common with the leftism/progressivism.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And libertarian ≠ classical liberal. The classical
    liberal will favor government over liberty. The libertarian is exactly the opposite.

Not sure why classical liberal is coming into more broad use lately. Changing landscapes, I guess.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    the CA stigma is strong and true. Since I'm not a native Texan... I identify as a "Born-Again Texan"

the whole "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could" thing is just way too long.

Sent from my SIG Sauer
    Gotta work on yer "drawl".

....should take ya half a day to say that:green:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    And here’s a video explaining the matter: http://www.learnliberty.org/videos/what-is-classical-liberalism/

Some folks may disagree with parts of classical liberalism, but it has basically nothing in common with the leftism/progressivism.
    Even if you understand what a classical liberal is, trying to say you are one is like putting a rainbow on your avatar and saying it's just because you like rainbows and then trying to explain you're not LGBTQ (XYZPDQ).

The left changed it's meaning already, they ruin everything.

Top Bottom