Leaving TX for NC, what should I buy while I’m still here?

Andiamo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oct 19, 2021
Austin
Hey guys, I’m moving to NC early next year. To my knowledge they don’t allow class III/NFA stuff. Is there anything else you can legally get in TX but not NC, firearms or non-firearms related?

Last edited:

Maverick44

Certified All-American Gun Nut
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might want to double check that NFA claim. I think North Carolina does allow most NFA stuff. I think machine guns are the only thing they restrict.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LaVbRef

TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 15, 2018
Seven Points
North Carolina still requires you to have either a NC CHL (issued by your County Sheriff --LTC in Texas) or a PPP (pistol purchase permit--again issued by your County Sheriff and a relic of Jim Crow legislation) to purchase a handgun (individual face-to-face or through an FFL). The PPPs were $5.00 each and you were limited to six PPPs in one transaction at Sheriff's Office. Fingerprints and NICS check. Don't remember for sure if there were time limits but I vaguely remember six per month.

Major population counties are more anti 2A: Wake-Raleigh metro, Durham-Durham, Mecklenburg--Charlotte and Guilford--Greensboro

Carolinafirearmsforum.com and NCgunowners.com are good for more current information. (though not as active or as much fun as TGT).

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
TGT Supporter
Local Business Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
Hey guys, I’m moving to NC early next year. To my knowledge they don’t allow class III/NFA stuff. Is there anything else you can legally get in TX but not NC, firearms or non-firearms related?
NC allows Class III/NFA.

North Carolina still requires you to have either a NC CHL (issued by your County Sheriff --LTC in Texas) or a PPP (pistol purchase permit--again issued by your County Sheriff and a relic of Jim Crow legislation) to purchase a handgun (individual face-to-face or through an FFL). The PPPs were $5.00 each and you were limited to six PPPs in one transaction at Sheriff's Office. Fingerprints and NICS check. Don't remember for sure if there were time limits but I vaguely remember six per month.

Major population counties are more anti 2A: Wake-Raleigh metro, Durham-Durham, Mecklenburg--Charlotte and Guilford--Greensboro

Carolinafirearmsforum.com and NCgunowners.com are good for more current information. (though not assactive or as much fun as TGT.
If you have a concealed carry license you don't need the PPP.
Carolina Firearms Forum is dedicated to North and South Carolina. Some great people and a great site. Maybe I'm a bit biased, I'm one of the original owners/founders.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Forum statistics