Leaving TX for NC, what should I buy while I’m still here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    Hey guys, I’m moving to NC early next year. To my knowledge they don’t allow class III/NFA stuff. Is there anything else you can legally get in TX but not NC, firearms or non-firearms related?
    Guns International

Last edited:

LaVbRef

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    North Carolina still requires you to have either a NC CHL (issued by your County Sheriff --LTC in Texas) or a PPP (pistol purchase permit--again issued by your County Sheriff and a relic of Jim Crow legislation) to purchase a handgun (individual face-to-face or through an FFL). The PPPs were $5.00 each and you were limited to six PPPs in one transaction at Sheriff's Office. Fingerprints and NICS check. Don't remember for sure if there were time limits but I vaguely remember six per month.

Major population counties are more anti 2A: Wake-Raleigh metro, Durham-Durham, Mecklenburg--Charlotte and Guilford--Greensboro

Carolinafirearmsforum.com and NCgunowners.com are good for more current information. (though not as active or as much fun as TGT).

Last edited:

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Hey guys, I’m moving to NC early next year. To my knowledge they don’t allow class III/NFA stuff. Is there anything else you can legally get in TX but not NC, firearms or non-firearms related?
    NC allows Class III/NFA.

North Carolina still requires you to have either a NC CHL (issued by your County Sheriff --LTC in Texas) or a PPP (pistol purchase permit--again issued by your County Sheriff and a relic of Jim Crow legislation) to purchase a handgun (individual face-to-face or through an FFL). The PPPs were $5.00 each and you were limited to six PPPs in one transaction at Sheriff's Office. Fingerprints and NICS check. Don't remember for sure if there were time limits but I vaguely remember six per month.

Major population counties are more anti 2A: Wake-Raleigh metro, Durham-Durham, Mecklenburg--Charlotte and Guilford--Greensboro

Carolinafirearmsforum.com and NCgunowners.com are good for more current information. (though not assactive or as much fun as TGT.
    If you have a concealed carry license you don't need the PPP.
    Carolina Firearms Forum is dedicated to North and South Carolina. Some great people and a great site. Maybe I'm a bit biased, I'm one of the original owners/founders.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom