• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    They would be the same as any other forward facing light. Check txdot, most of these bars are not for highway use.

I did, but DoT does not specify the brightness, its only that it should not go beyond 75 feet directly. But still a grey area as you can still use them as day time running lights or DRL
    Guns International

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I am going to be around FT Worth later this week
    does anyone here know of a good place I can go and look at some LED offroad lights?

I know about 4Wheel Parts already and plan to go there, but was hoping some of you guys know of a place around Burleson or Mansfield

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Not familiar with an offroad shop in the Burleson/Mansfield area, but Mike's Offroad in Haltom City might be worth going to.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I looked into LEDs to replace the daylight running lights on my GMC (because the old bulbs burned up the sockets with so much heat). Turned out that there are no direct replacements because the vehicle has known problems with voltage spikes, and one thing LEDs cannot handle is voltage spikes. So if you want your lights to last, you might consider adding a voltage regulator to the circuit.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I went to 4Wheel Parts and got a nice set of Rigid Dually LEDs with KC mounts for my grill guard.

The Rigids are nice and come with the harness and switch. I can't wait to get them mounted up this weekend.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I went to 4Wheel Parts and got a nice set of Rigid Dually LEDs with KC mounts for my grill guard.

The Rigids are nice and come with the harness and switch. I can't wait to get them mounted up this weekend.

Don't forget to post a picture.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I got them installed today.

I went wtih the KC light mounts because they just looked more sturdy and asthetically better as well. I started by centering them on the grille guard bar before snugging the mounts down. I left the actual light brackets loose enough to adjust by hand later when it gets dark so I can tell where I want the beam.

On the Ford F150 there is lots of room to work as the grille is part of the hood and out of the way when raised.
    The circuit center is in the front of the engine compartment which made it easy for the factory wiring harness. I found an ignition hot slot to hook the power wire to and found a ground on the firewall.
    Then I used a pick to work a small hole into the existing grommet where the hood release comes through the firewall. I figured there was plenty of room in the grommet to hold the wires and I wouldn't have to drill a hole.

I brought the wires in through the firewall and found the panel above the brake release to be a good spot to mount the switch and driled a 3/4 " hole there for the switch. Then I pulled my wires through, made them neat with some wire ties and a strip of electical tape where needed and installed the switch.

The Rigid Duallys come with everything you need except for mounts. The harness and switch are high quality material.

there was some guys on here that recommneded them and from what I've seen they are a first class company.

photo_zps2ef101e3.gif

photo_zps7cb519b9.gif

photo_zpsbaa6c1ef.gif

photo_zpsf99bf653.gif

photo_zps6d2a7e59.gif

photo_zpsbacb2711.gif

Last edited:
    Top Bottom